lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 build-Why not, right?

The best thing you can do is call them. They are very helpfull. Best upgrade for the money.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #22
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I've been trying some different things with the tubing. My ideas keep evolving. The last photo with the windshield is where it is right now. I cracked the windshield when I was fitting it. I'm not willing to buy another one, so I split it at the fold. I'm going to add a another rib right behind the seat at the beginning of the cart bed. Then I'll tie them all together with 4 long parallel pieces. It will be very close, but not connected to the windshield tubes so I'll still have the ability to lift the bed for engine access. I might try to come up with a latch system or something to connect the windshield tubes to the rear tubes for support, but able to easily detach when needed. I'm spraying the tubes and utility bed with bed liner. It's a great look. I don't know how durable it will be though. I'll probably put some lights up top. I really like the safari look of Stretch660's limo cart. Check it out, it's hot!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (101.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (96.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (113.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 034.jpg (194.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 038.jpg (208.9 KB, 0 views)
cjpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well, I sold the wheels off of her in keeping with my household agreement not to spend more than I have. So, time to buy some wheels! Sold my motorcycle too. I had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists back in March, so I haven't riden much at all in the last year or so. Still, it was painful to watch it go.
I've narrowed my choices on wheels to these three. I bought some fender flairs that I will have to modify quite a bit to put on. I'm holding off on attaching them until my wheels come in. In case I have to mod the body some. Are there any opinions out there regarding 22" or 23" tires? I'm concerned about the rear of the cart. The wheel wells would be a hassle to have to cut. The black on black 22's are 450.00, the other two are 550.00. That includes shipping. I'll be honest, I was surprised at the cost of the wheels. And these are "cheap" compared to most I saw. I know you guys are familiar with cart part costs but I still have a little sticker shock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 058.jpg (70.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 059.jpg (68.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 057.jpg (67.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #24
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: G1 build-Why not, right?

The previous owner of the G1 had welded a hitch receiver onto the rear frame. He used the same size square as a 2" hitch. the only thing that it could "receive" was a 1 1/4 ball hitch that he gave me with it. Needless to say, the fit was terrible. I was also disappointed by how he cut the diamond plate out. To me it seemed unnecessary to do that if you make a recessed pin point. That way you could put the hitch on simply by sliding/pinning it, and remove when done. I covered the cuts to the diamond plate with a "slow moving vehicle" placard, cut the receiver shaft and purchased a bumper step hitch. My passengers will sit facing backward with their legs over the open lift gate. I'll put some extra red lights on the inside or the gate since the main rear lights will be covered when the lift gate is down. I also welded an additional receiver underneath for those rare occasions when I want to pull a trailer or yard cart without removing the step. Halloween comes to mind. We let the kids ride in a trailer, house to house for trick or treating. The houses are a little far apart to walk. The cart will be perfect for that. Also, there is a store down the road that has every hitch attachment you can think of for cheap. I think I'll still need to get a extender to get the bumper step further out. I did mount the seats in the back. I have some red LED's for the right and left of the sign.
The quest continues...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (129.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 022.jpg (87.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 028.jpg (117.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo(46).JPG (71.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #25
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well, we had our family vehicle take a dump this week. So much for my golf cart slush fund.
Until I get that mess straightened out, the G1 has to take a back seat. I hope to be back on the rebuild next week. Sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 038.jpg (208.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #26
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I'm back! Ordered new wheels from Rockytop through EBay. They arrived in 2 DAYS! That was with free shipping. I was amazed.i was also pretty psyched to get the wheels I did, because every time they list these things, they sell out immediately. I did an auction watch type of thing through EBay mobile, it alerted me the second some more wheels became available. Nice feature. I snatched them up. Had to cut the cart to get the 22"s to fit though. Pics to follow tonight. I like the way she's looking.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #27
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341596169.478304.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1341596226.209179.jpg
Old 07-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #28
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I replaced the headlights and chopped down the windshield frame and rear bar. I was going to do a safari rack of some sort or put a roof on it. My son cut the barn corner a little close and clipped the bar. It bent. I see this kind of thing happening again, so I just chopped things down. I still like the look. New wheels are great, but had to do a fair amount of cutting to make them fit.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341596576.622871.jpg
Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #29
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

I love the look- great work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks a lot! It has been fun. Still plenty to do though.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341680795.690426.jpg

Tags
gas, orlando, rebuild, utility cart, yamaha g1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha