lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
anna27
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Unhappy Dont Know What's Wrong

Hey yall I am needing a little help. My golf cart will not keep the battery charged , it keeps blowing the fuses and it is spitting and sputtering. We did put a new carberater on it... Any suggestions...

#reallyreadytoknowwhatswrong.....

Last edited by anna27; 06-21-2012 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: It is a 1998 yamaha g16 gas
anna27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Dont Know What's Wrong

Sounds like you may have a couple things going on there.
If it's blowing the fuse I'm going to guess that you have either lights or radio or some othe accessory grounded to the frame. You can not ground anything to the frame on these, you have to run a ground wire back to the negative battery post.

If this doesnt solve your running problem and lack of charge, first I'd get a new sparkplug (I just went through the sputtering thing with my G16 and it was the sparkplug). If that doesnt solve it, you probly need a new battery and you'll need to break out the multi meter and start testing wires.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
anna27
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thank you for the info, I forgot to mention that it has a new battery and a new spark plug so I guess we will start checking wires is there any in particular that we may need to check first?
anna27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

You did not address the grounding of any accessories??

Otherwise, I have this from a great Yamaha mechanic,

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
The "TCI" ignition is pretty basic on G16's and up. Might check the connection at the front of the engine (blue and black wires) that plug into the wire harness. Bad blue wire, no 12 volts to the TCI, bad black, no 12 volts to the TCI. With a "dynamic spark tester" you can see if there is good/little or no spark.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha