lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
VintageRider
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Batteries ran low on water.

I guess my antique battery charger (Lester) is cooking my batteries in my 72' Melex. I did not properly monitor the water levels in the old Trojan batteries and they got so low on water the top 1/4" of lead cells were no longer submerged in water. They no longer seem to take a good charge, have as much power or last as long. Is this damage permanent or can they be revitalized? I believe, going off memory, that they are Trojan 605's.
VintageRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Batteries ran low on water.

This type of damage is permenant. In fact all battery damage is permenant, there is no significant or permenant revitalizing possible for damaged wet cells. T605 is the smallest 6v GC battery. Replace them with the larger T105 for longer life and better performance. Other equivalents include Crown CR225 and US 2200

Check the water levels once a month. Old and new batteries use the most water. Always use distilled water. Fill to just 1/4" above the plates ... Do not overfill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery2.jpg (18.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
VintageRider
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Batteries ran low on water.

Thats what I didnt want to hear. Thanks for the input, I'll have to start looking for a new set asap.
VintageRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha