lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Hot drive clutch

Went for a ride today and got back and noticed that my drive/primary clutch was burning hot. Sizzle water hot. I also noticed that my engine tension cable down by the motor mount was broke. I am going to build a new one of them. I was just wondering if you think that if that being broke is making the belt slip enough to make it so hot? Or do I have more problems then I think?
andcon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hot drive clutch

Depends on a few things,How long,and how hard were you riding?If you were out beating the tar out of it,it will be hot.If the cable is broken,yes the belt tension will be changing,causing it to climb/drop in the clutch,which in turn causes more reaction from your throttle to keep it in the power-range you are running in.Also,is the belt old?If so,its' sides are worn and it won't run as well in the clutches and also cause excessive heat.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I built my own replacement part for the tension cable and it broke within a few hours of riding. When it was on there in working order, the problem seemed to have gone away. But the one I built broke the 1/4" threaded rode that I used to make it. Do you think that my motor mounts are worn out? Thay all looked to be together and not broken.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If the motor rocks a little in the mounts,but you don't see any tearing or breaks,they are fine.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Just finally got time to rebuilt the tensioner. Built it with a 5/16" grade 8 bolt. Hopefully it will hold this time. I didn't see any rips or tears in the motor mounts, so I think they are ok. Hope it works now. Thanks for yhour help!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha