lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Halw2006
Not Yet Wild

Smile G1, idles great, runs rough, runs better when warm

Im new to posting but have spent several days reading the forum for advice. Thanks to all who have posted about g1s. I just bought the cart and was told its an 81 Yamaha g1. It's stock. I use it to drive around a large property daily several miles. The problem is the cart seems to cut out under power. If I choke it. It will power right back up. So it's choke on, choke off, repeat. It idles great. Starts instantly and runs rather quick. I've cleaned e carb, and sprayed starter fluid around the seals. The motor didn't sapped up with the starter fluid so I presume the seals are okay. The plug is brown so mix seems ok. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help
Halw2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1, idles great, runs rough, runs better when warm

First thing is first.....check air filter, check fuel, check oil reservoir. If cart has been sitting change oil and fuel, and fuel filter. Check fuel pump, sometimes those get gunky. If all that is good, look at the carb. Take carb off and clean really good, blow out with compressed air, let dry and reinstall. If that doesn't do it, it's probably the seals. These 2 strokes just need a good rebuild after so long. If you can keep it running without too much trouble, run it the way it is. You shouldn't hurt it as long as you aren't towing, pushing, or racing it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

In addition to what slim said...these carts in particular are extremely famous for not running well if there are any air leaks. This means check all hoses and make sure air filter box/housing are air-tight and sealed or this can occur...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry slon my iPhone picked you a new nickname lol
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
Halw2006
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to try these ideas on Sunday and will report back. Many thanks
Halw2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Sorry slon my iPhone picked you a new nickname lol
Hey you can call me "Slim" anytime....I'm definately not though LOL
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb, g-1, runs rough
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha