lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
MonsterCrawler
Not Yet Wild

Post New to this site

Hello guys, Im new to this site and first off i would like to say hello. Im going to get a Yamaha gas golf cart 2cycle on the 3rd of may and i would like to know if anyone has ever had a problem with the oil injected or not. Its my first cart and ive already got a million things in mind to do to it. Im gonna try to post a few pics as soon as i get it in the garage on the 3rd. I need to know a few things first though....do the gas carts "shut off" while shifting gears? it seems like every video ive seen it sounds like they shut off while shifting from F to R. If they do how do you bypass that? also ive got 22" atv tires i want to put on but dont have 300.00 for a lift kit and want to make my own block lift. I also dont have a welder....alls ive got is the "basic shop" tools. can anyone help me with these questions?
MonsterCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
MonsterCrawler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to this site

will some one please help?????????????
MonsterCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey there, Welcome to the chaos!
I'm not real familiar with the specifics on the Yamahas, but the 2 strokes I've seen have stuff like this.....
- oil injection typically works for a while. Seems like a lot of guys have problems with it eventually, block it off & just run mixed gas.
- rear diff has forward only. Reverse is done by stopping the engine, then restarting it in reverse. Then the engine is stopped & restarted in forward or whichever direction you want. As I understand it there were some sleds out there that did the same thing, with similar engines, but had more horsepower. So a few guys have done sled engine transplants into their carts to take advantage of the horsepower. But the rear diff in those carts is not good for what we call a "big block" engine swap, which is typically a Honda or Briggs(Vanguard) V-twin. The 4 stroke carts used a rear diff that actually had forward & rear gears.

I have a 99 EZGo that used to be a 4 stroke. The stock rear diff is in there & using a 24 hp Honda V-twin. By now about the only thing stock left on it is the frame, rear diff & body. Almost everything else has been replaced.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Most of the G1 owners just remove the oiling system alltogether. Premix with Yamalube or equivalent "air cooled" synthetic 2 cycle oil.

The transmission doesn't have reverse, the engine actually spins backwards. No way to bypass the forward reverse switch in any way.

I'm working on mine right now with a sled engine/carb setup, if you are interested in performance you are in for "hard work". It doesn't come easy on these carts.

Here's a few of my links:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ting-cart.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...sion-done.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...0-project.html

And don't forget to check the "sticky" at the top about the G1's.

slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You should save for a lift kit, as yamaha G1 have front A arms and you can't put blocks in them. Best way out may be the Pachanga lift. He posts here and makes them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

These "sages" of BGW have given you good advice! You'll need a lift for 22s which will make your cart body higher. Wider and longer is also good for stability. Visit my thread at "Another G1 Rebuild!" and follow along from the beginning as well as other rebuild threads. Note how many posts I had when the thread started. I had to make my own lift based on Panchangas style as he doesn't make one for the G1. Be prepared for the unexpected, post pics/ask questions, and read all the stickys. Good luck
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha