lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2014, 06:56 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: how much does a stock motor weigh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
I always figured that I would slip 1 or 2 layers of butcher wrap between the armature and field windings, drill a hole in a scrap piece of plywood to go over shaft, screw the plywood to the housing, then take it to the UPS store to be packed and shipped. It would might cost more but if something happened they couldn't give me the old " it wasn't packed right" dance.
Add another piece of plywood without a hole in it to keep armature from being pulled out of press fit bearing if the box is dropped with shaft facing down.

The shaft protrudes about 1/8", so you may have to get creative with shims and packing to keep it from being yanked forward by momentum when the case stops suddenly.

There was a thread on here about a guy whose new motor wouldn't mount properly because the shaft was sticking out too far, which left a gap between motor case and differential. It turned out that the armature had been dislodged during shipping in a factory shipping box.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #12
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I remember that...
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #13
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

He only has to get his motor to PQ in one piece as a rebuildable core. If the armature slips some no big deal in my opinion as it should be torn town and rebuilt anyway.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
He only has to get his motor to PQ in one piece as a rebuildable core. If the armature slips some no big deal in my opinion as it should be torn town and rebuilt anyway.
I conditionally agree.

If the armature was pulled all the way out of the bearing, it could bounce around and cause some damage to it and the field shoes, but the box would probably have to be dropped out of a second story window to do that.

On the other hand, I have seen some very sturdy shipping containers with custom fitted inserts, whose contents were destroyed during shipping.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #15
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have it packed in a box now and going to get another box to put it in. Luckily PQ is 2 states away and the box may only make 3 stops once I drop it off.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #16
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

45 pounds. packed in 2 boxes with packing in both. Will be there tomorrow. 25$.. Hope he can get it done by the end of the year.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO