lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #91
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Hunting Build TXT Series or RXV??? Help

Often just put cart in tow then Key switch to "n" will allow cart to move (even if batts are too low to drive)

3 x 10mm bolts , 1 x easy to unplug connector ...
brake comes off in about 5 minutes.

Also on many carts -- 3 connecter shuffle (under controller dust cover)

We have no problems moving dead carts...

EZGO --- PLEASE DO NOT "IMPROVE" BRAKE WITH MECHANICAL HALF A$$ FIX.

New style (non lever ) brake is reliable and easy to deal with when occasional problems arise.. !!!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #92
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunmyer View Post
HTR,
Agreed on all points. I didn't care for the automatic parking brake at first, but am now used to it and wouldn't want to give it up.

I have a programmer for the RXV (newer Curtis controller) but haven't played with it yet to see what I can do. One of these days....
For a hunting application, at least in the swampy/clay muddy mess we hunt in, the motor brake is awesome. I have to clean my brakes out at least once during the season due to dirt/mud getting in via the brack drum. This a non-issue with the rxv. Plus I like the auto hill brake feture also.
grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:57 PM   #93
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

GFF...
Brake system is trade off.. In my opinion (insert EVERY opinion joke here) it gives an
excellent convenience/safety bonus with the auto lock feature.
The motor brake gives years of trouble free service and serious downhill braking without
heat and wear issues like conventional brakes.

the everyday benefits (IMHO) outweigh the (Very real) aggravations that can arise when a problem occurs.

I am NOT dismissing the problems..... Just looking at whole picture.

Since I repair these carts for a living, I am very familiar with the good and the bad ...

All in all RXV's are well designed , well behaved , dependable rides.

Good Luck !!!!
Hope this is helpful !!!

CGtech has had some "quality time" w/curtis programmer...... See where sweet talking him gets you
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #94
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

HTR,
Thanks for your thoughts, they're quite valuable, coming from someone with your background and experience. I have only the one cart, but it is my 3rd electric buggy.

It's very enlightening to see the progression in technology: my first was an old Legend with the typical wiper & resistor speed control. It worked fine, but was kinda touchy to keep it rolling at walking speed. The second was an old CC from 1979 with hydraulic brakes and the resistor/solenoid speed control. I gutted all the wiring and replaced it with #4 cables and a Curtis 1205 controller from the scrapyard. Also added a F/R contactor from a pallet truck. It worked pretty well, but one axle was slightly bent, causing the brake to "surge". Got the RXV in 2013 and haven't looked back. Will replace the 12 volt batteries with 8 volt jobs when the time comes, but am otherwise very happy with it.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO