lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2015, 11:20 PM   #1
rsriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Default New TXT Series cart

Our new to us TXT series cart, its either a 95 or 96, been sitting for 4 or more years but got such a good deal on it I couldn't pass it up, has lots of battery compartment corrosion so I am going to do a body off restoration.. Talked to Scottyb today and not sure i can handle the 48v upgrade all at once so I may have to do it piece by piece. Trojan T-605's where completely empty of fluids so I filled with distilled water and Epsom salt and was able to bring all of them back but one to at least test the different parts out, so far I can get the solenoid to trigger but nothing else (no amperage on batteries), going to do the series motor test this weekend to make sure the motor is good before I splurge on all new batteries.

Serial# 936032
Date Code D1696

I am pretty sure from what I have researched this is a 96 TXT series cart.

Dale

P.S.
Thanks ScottyB for the information you provided on the phone today it was good talking to you, and was very impressed with the turn around time for the return phone call. I will be buying all my parts from you as I need them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150103_113717.jpg (173.8 KB, 0 views)
rsriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2015, 06:30 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: New TXT Series cart

ScottyB is a good guy. His "stuff" is top quality and he will help you if you can't follow directions. (You know....if your like me and don't actually read the directions )

BTW.....nice pic of your cart.....but....why is your windshield on the back?? (Just busting your chops....but.....)

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

This is what your serial# return on the EZGO look up site:

Make: TXT
Type: Electric 36 V
Model: TXT Standard
Year: 1996

Was the a previous owner a Dale Jr. fan, or was it used as a goffer cart at a track? That cart might have an interesting history......

Better check out the steering, that cart might be set up for making left turns only.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #4
rsriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
BTW.....nice pic of your cart.....but....why is your windshield on the back?? (Just busting your chops....but.....)

Dave
I think its really a front wheel drive with rear wheel steering, or at least that's what I'm going with anyway... In all actuality I have no clue why it doesn't have a windshield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
This is what your serial# return on the EZGO look up site:

Make: TXT
Type: Electric 36 V
Model: TXT Standard
Year: 1996

Was the a previous owner a Dale Jr. fan, or was it used as a goffer cart at a track? That cart might have an interesting history......

Better check out the steering, that cart might be set up for making left turns only.
Thanks for the info JohnnieB and I believe he was just a diehard Dale Jr fan, and I have verified it does turn right also, just need some batteries so the go pedal isn't a slow pedal, lol
Old 01-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #5
rsriverrat
Not Yet Wild

So I got the pack voltage up to 38.2 volts, no clue how many amps are available, but I ran some jumper cables between the pack and the cart since they are out for the cart tear-down, anyway I turned on the key and pushed the pedal and at least got the solenoid to click, rear is off the ground and was hoping to at least see the tires move, but nada. So I took off the controller and F-R switch covers and below is what i saw, looks to me like there is a lot of cleaning i need to do to all the connections.. And it also looks like the motor wires have been just a little melted near the motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150106_200000.jpg (192.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150106_200009.jpg (189.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150106_200054.jpg (171.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

A small amount of cleaning may be required. Just remember....as JohhnieB has stated in many of his post.....If\When you have your cart up on a jack or on jack stands, and you push the "gas peddle" and the wheels begin to spin, never.....and really...NEVER push the peddle to the maximum. If you over-rev the motor, (EZ to do when there is no resistance on a jack stand) the motor can easily "fly apart" (yeah....technical term) and become a permanent part of a junkyard. So, if you get it running, just don't do a "Hey, how fast will this spin" demonstration.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:32 PM   #7
rsriverrat
Not Yet Wild

So far so good, I was able to do the in cart motor test and it actually worked, so all I may really need is batteries and a complete body off resto, there is soooo much corrosion on this thing its pathetic, need to find a place to relocate the controller so I can add the 2 extra batteries under the seat instead of putting them in the bag well for the 48v conversion.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:21 AM   #8
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your f&r switch looks like it's had enough. Upgrade to a reversing contactor and relocate it above the motor. That will make the new cables you need shorter and give more room for a battery.

The controller mount can be modified and moved an inch towards the rear giving more room. You will probably break the heads off the controller mount though with that much corrosion on the cart so be prepared to drill out the bolts after it's removed.

Here's my pic of eight 6v batteries under the seat on a series cart with reversing contactor upgrade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2005 ezgo 08.jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:50 PM   #9
rsriverrat
Not Yet Wild

sportcoupe,

yup broke the heads off every bolt that screwed into the heatsink, lol I do see how it can be slid back an inch or so, the question is on my cart the passenger side area where the controller and f&r switch is, is recessed unlike the driver side of the cart in the same area, I tried fitting a battery in there but it wont sit down inside the recess, did you just put some blocks under the battery to allow it to sit right? I am thinking about welding a couple pieces of angle in there to support the battery...
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you cut the back fret off the controller plate it will slide back a ways then you can mount it through the top of the plate and the inner fender. As for the battery you can get a battery tray that will sit up top. Or just put in 6 8 volts
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO