lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2015, 08:40 PM   #1
kdd
Not Yet Wild

Default drive wheels not moving the same

6 year old ez go electric; would move only 1 inch forward and backward altho trying; replaced solenoid and control panel; still did same thing; put it up on jacks (after noticing suggestions on cover that covers solenoid and controller-if I had done that first, I may have save myself $ by not purchasing solenoid and controller) and passenger wheel moves in reverse and forward for 30 seconds before stopping; driver wheel doesn't move at same rate or for same amount of time as passenger wheel. HELP; what does this mean and how do I check whatever it is that may be wrong; also, if it is the motor or anything to do with the rear wheels, how do I repair or replace? are there any helpful videos out there that may be helpful; suggestions, comments most appreciated
kdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: drive wheels not moving the same

Your cart has a "open differential" no positraction, therefore the different wheel speeds while on jack doesnt mean much. Does your reverse beeper operate? It can give you some clues to the nature of the failure. I feel that a lack of sustained power to the controller is the root of the cause, could mean several things, some likely causes are bad (or not charged) batteries, bad cables, bad solenoid. The point here is i think the voltage going to the controller is dropping too far when any actual load is applied. I would clip your volt meter test leads to the main positive and negative terminals on the controller, then try a running test on the jack stands. Let us know what the at-rest voltage is, and the voltage when everything stops.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO