lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #11
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Nissan Leaf Balancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
No BMS won't work for very long. (Unless you manually balance frequently)
^^ This. I am my own BMS. Can't really afford to buy what I need so I top balance manually. I have some light bulbs rigged up to discharge single cells and I use a little 1 amp power supply to charge individual cells to achieve balance. As previously stated, the cells get out of balance no matter how well I have/had them balanced and I have to do it again. I'm pretty anal about it so I mess with it more that I actually need to.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2015, 08:18 AM   #12
Oneunder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Nissan Leaf Balancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
^^ This. I am my own BMS. Can't really afford to buy what I need so I top balance manually. I have some light bulbs rigged up to discharge single cells and I use a little 1 amp power supply to charge individual cells to achieve balance. As previously stated, the cells get out of balance no matter how well I have/had them balanced and I have to do it again. I'm pretty anal about it so I mess with it more that I actually need to.
Thanks for your reply Terry. It sounds like you are doing exactly what I was asking about. Do you actively monitor each cells voltage during operation or check with DVM either after use or during charging? What is your low volt protection?
Oneunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO