lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
smityy77
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez go non DCS

I have a ez go golf cart that when you push on the pedal it will try to move and just stops. Then you have to turn the key switch off and on to get it to try again. The batteries are only 6 months old.
smityy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez go non DCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smityy77 View Post
I have a ez go golf cart that when you push on the pedal it will try to move and just stops. Then you have to turn the key switch off and on to get it to try again. The batteries are only 6 months old.
The resistor will precharge the controller capacitors and the cart will move a little as these drain out but there really is no supply to sustain operation. My guess is the solenoid is not clicking (closing). It can be a solenoid problem or a solenoid activation circuit problem. Welcome to BGW
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
smityy77
Not Yet Wild

the solenoid is clicking in and staying in. When i jack it up and try to get it to go it goes slow and then the batteries start to stink and then they are drained. I have taken the motor off and inspected the brushes and they are still like new. i have also replaced all the battery cables that link all the batteries together.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Now it sounds like a battery problem....
Put a meter on the pack and tell us what the reading is at a stand still and what it drops to when you try to go.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
smityy77
Not Yet Wild

it reads 38 volts and drops to 30 volts.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:55 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smityy77 View Post
it reads 38 volts and drops to 30 volts.
That drop is too much. It indicates a bad battery or batteries or faulty high amperage connection.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO