lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #1
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default 87 Marathon Hub Out of Round?

My 87 3 wheeler has horrible brakes, always has. You have to shove to the floor to get mediocre results ans they pulsate and act like they drag sometimes. I tore into them today to clean and lube and adjust everything, and I think I see why the brakes suck, the bubs seem out of round. You can see the rear tires wobble, but the axle does not if you watch closely. Also, I ran it for a few seconds on the stands trying to get the adjustments right on the brakes, and I felt a definite hot spot on one area only of the hub. The rest of it was cool. I've pretty much determined this is the issue, but my question is: is this common??? I've heard of stripped hubs, but these ones are just screwy.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2015, 04:01 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 87 Marathon Hub Out of Round?

I have never personally seen an out of round hub, but I am wondering if someone didn't leave the brakes engaged for a long period of time, which in turn made a bulge in the hub over time...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
Jamey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My 94 marathon is having a similar problem. Left rear wheel has a slight wobble. Wheel and tire are true, axle isn't bent, bearings are fine.
I've been wondering if replacing the drum would help it.
Jamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 87 Marathon Hub Out of Round?

After much adjusting, testing, adjusting, testing, etc. I finally got the brakes working a little better. Still have a little work to do on the passenger side, but they're actually providing some braking now, and with minimal scrub. These look and function exactly like the Club Car brakes I am used to dealing with, I just don't know why they don't seem to ACT like them. I can get a Club Car stopping on a dime with little to no scrub, these brakes have proven to be a nightmare in that area. Think I am going to have to order some new hubs still to fix the out of round issue but I might hold off if I can get the brakes just slightly better than now, which I think I can. Darn cable adjuster was the biggest pain, hadn't been moved since 87.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO