lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #11
ridepate
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: So is it really worth the cost to go fast.

I'm trying to sell-myself on our current sparky. I bought it trying to please the wife because it's "Quiet".....smh...Tonight she took it for an extended ride in our super-hilly neighborhood and came back and said "I think we need a gas-cart" Understand I have a 10 Y.O. son who is a rider along with all his friends and they drive it until it's dead on a daily basis. I priced all the up-grades from Scottyb tonight, and honestly don't think it would meet our expectations even then. We are a family of motor-heads. I'm gonna sell it and go gas......
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2015, 02:49 AM   #12
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Sounds like a friend of mine who has a Yamaha elec. His daughter complained she could only ride in the neighborhood for about two hours. He had me to check the cart. The batteries all tested good, I cleaned all the connections and charged it up good. It run for more than 36 holes of golf and still had 48.3 volts.

Seems she ran non stop for the 2 hours at WOT. at 12 mph that is a pretty good trip of 24 miles. Not bad for an electric cart. Not good for a 13 year old girl.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:32 AM   #13
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I love my sparky and it gets out of its own way with a quick mash of the pedal. nothing like having all that torque at once , no slow build of gas motor. 700 amps my cart can climb a set of stairs and still pull low 30's
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #14
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Trolling?
Absolutely not!

I know some will take offense to my question, BUT IT IS AN HONEST QUESTION. Why do it?

I'm guessing that there must be some reason out there where a gas cart is not possible (i.e. hunting, maybe clay shooting, etc..) making a sparky the only choice. Otherwise why put yourself through all of the hassles, or is it simply bragging rights?
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:24 AM   #15
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
Absolutely not!

I know some will take offense to my question, BUT IT IS AN HONEST QUESTION. Why do it?

I'm guessing that there must be some reason out there where a gas cart is not possible (i.e. hunting, maybe clay shooting, etc..) making a sparky the only choice. Otherwise why put yourself through all of the hassles, or is it simply bragging rights?
Nothing to do with bragging rights but that is a boon.... What hassles? My high amperage conversion was a mere couple hours and near plug-in-play; controller, motor, solenoid and cables..... Until I did there where paved roads and driveways that were completely off my list in our hood due to the steepness. Now I can creep up steep inclines in complete silence that gas carts belch noise and smoke while attempting..... I can zoom along at 30 miles an hour with the only noise to be heard is my knobby tires on the black-top.... I simply did not want a complex and costly side-by-side due to cost nor did I want an overgrown noise belching lawn mower/go-cart either.... No gas tank to fill, no motor oil to drain; just a power cord that even a woman can learn to operate....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #16
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
...... why put yourself through all of the hassles, or is it simply bragging rights?
No need to brag, the hardware says enough by itself.

gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Gassers do not go faster unless you spend the $$ on them either.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #18
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Nice trophy's G!
(the weight of them didn't help you on the Tri-County trail, now did it?)

Quote:
...On another thread I created last night I was accused of being a "troll." I do not take kindly to that...
Don't sweat jjance... He can be unusually verbal with some of his posts... Don't take it to heart!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #19
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Nice trophy's G!
(the weight of them didn't help you on the Tri-County trail, now did it?)
Weight CAN BE an issue when long distances are involved. I blame that failure on the wife!

No trophy that day.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #20
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Whew... I'm telling Kathy you said that!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car