lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #11
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I just got a chance to do some troubleshooting, my pre charge resistor is toast. I test the motor I have continuity between A1 and A2 as well as F1 and F2, and no continuity between case and any stud. So I'm ASSuming I need a controller. Any thing else I should check before I call Revolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 precedent, got wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
Ok I just got a chance to do some troubleshooting, my pre charge resistor is toast. I test the motor I have continuity between A1 and A2 as well as F1 and F2, and no continuity between case and any stud. So I'm ASSuming I need a controller. Any thing else I should check before I call Revolution?

Nope, you need to call Revolution now

(I have used controllers)
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #13
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I got my new XCT400 and solenoid from Revolution (thanks for the help David). Installed it last night, but haven't put the batteries back in yet. I have a couple of questions, is there a way to test the tow/run switch to make sure I have the wires on the switch in the right place (or does it matter which way they go) I just want to make sure it is in tow before I hook up the batteries. The other question is, I remember ScottyB saying the F1 and F2 were reversed on the installation instructions does anybody know if I still need to reverse them or have they changed the installation instructions? The instructions I used are "DOC 110-018 REV-C" it shows F1 (orange) on J7 and F2 (blue) on J8.

On a side note when I took the old controller off it rattles like a paint can, I knew it was toast but did not expect that.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
Ok I got my new XCT400 and solenoid from Revolution (thanks for the help David). Installed it last night, but haven't put the batteries back in yet. I have a couple of questions, is there a way to test the tow/run switch to make sure I have the wires on the switch in the right place (or does it matter which way they go) I just want to make sure it is in tow before I hook up the batteries. The other question is, I remember ScottyB saying the F1 and F2 were reversed on the installation instructions does anybody know if I still need to reverse them or have they changed the installation instructions? The instructions I used are "DOC 110-018 REV-C" it shows F1 (orange) on J7 and F2 (blue) on J8.

On a side note when I took the old controller off it rattles like a paint can, I knew it was toast but did not expect that.
It doesn't matter how you put the wires on the Tow/Run switch. Polarity is not important with that. Unless they've revised their instructions you'll have to swap the F1 and F2 wires.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #15
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Couple of pics of the install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1558.jpg (331.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1560.jpg (324.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1565.jpg (243.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1566.jpg (267.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-21-2016, 08:30 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I just want to make sure it is in tow before I hook up the batteries.
Before You put the wires on the Tow/Run toggle switch, you can set your meter to "continuity" and see which position the switch needs to be flipped to be ON (Continuity = Run).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Good looking install sir.. Make extra sure you install the diode correctly onto the solenoid. The diagram will show you how it goes. Also, be sure not to use a Pre-Charge resistor with the XCT. They do not require it.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:24 AM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The banded end of the diode MUST be toward the positive side of the solenoid primary circuit. It will blow immediately if you install it backwards.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:53 PM   #19
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

WooHoo!!! I'm running again, and I must say DA**, that thing will get up and go. I appreciate all yalls help especially Mr. TDawg. Got it fixed just in time to go back to the lake for the weekend, the wife might let me out of the doghouse now.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:17 PM   #20
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd keep it out of the lake.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car