lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2016, 11:01 PM   #1
Leftybowler22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Dropped wrench across battery terminals

I was looking for a little help. I just installed new batteries in my 2000 club car ds with an Alltrax DCX600 PDPlus. In doing so I dropped my wrench across the positive and negative leads of two separate batteries. It made a good spark but I didn't think much of it because I had the switch in the "TOW" position.

Finished hooking everything up, hooked up charger and charger worked fine. After charging I checked voltage at 51 volts, put switch in the "RUN" position, turned key on and got nothing in forward or reverse? I had to finish up for the day so I didn't have a chance to look into what my problem is?

Any ideas on where I should start in the morning would greatly be appreciated. I hope I didn't fry my OBC or Alltrax controller???
Leftybowler22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
Leftybowler22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Dropped wrench across battery terminals

It was actually 2 positive leads that I dropped the wrench across.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #3
Leftybowler22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Did a lot of searching and I could only found posts of people dropping things across the motor terminals leading to fried controllers. Hopefully that isn't the case with me shorting my battery terminals???
Old 05-29-2016, 11:50 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So ... there was NOT a lot of sparks when you dropped the wrench?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #5
Leftybowler22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, but I grabbed it pretty quick.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:28 AM   #6
Leftybowler22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK....Not knowing if I fried my controller was killing me

I had to go out to the garage and take a quick look. As soon as I got out there I noticed my charger plug was still plugged in.....I unplugged it, tried it again and she works

I feel stupid as hell I didn't unplug the charger plug but am happy as hell I don't have to buy another controller I cant afford after buying new batteries. AWESOME!!!
Old 05-30-2016, 05:33 AM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

When you said finished charging, I thought you meant you unplugged charger. Funny how leaving out a small detail can change what we think about might be the problem. Glad it worked out.

Sometimes I will bump the FR switch to N without knowing it. The first thing in my mind is what did I short out.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:56 AM   #8
Leftybowler22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I unplugged it from the wall. Set the charger on the floor of the cart to quickly pull it into the garage because I had to leave. That is why I didn't realize it was still plugged into the,cart. Never good to be in a hurry.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #9
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Talking Re: Dropped wrench across battery terminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
When you said finished charging, I thought you meant you unplugged charger. Funny how leaving out a small detail can change what we think about might be the problem. Glad it worked out.

Sometimes I will bump the FR switch to N without knowing it. The first thing in my mind is what did I short out.
Ain't that the truth Mr. Golf. Done that many times. One time I was installing a deluxe light upgrade and could not for the life of me figure out what the hell,was wrong and why it wasn't working. Drove me mad. Checked everything 4 times. Then realized I never turned the tow to run when testing. Hour of my life I'll never get back.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car