lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
llduha
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 Club Car DS Pot

Need help....
I have a 1999 CLub Car DS 48V Was moving fine and then stopped. I have tested all electrical components and have it narrowed down to the POT. I have the POT disassembled and have tested it. Problem im having is the ohms start out at the required values, however once I get to the third stage it cuts down to 0hms. I have tested each individual resistor and they are all fine. The brush, arm, and micro switch are all in good condition. What the heck could it be? The micro switch is also in normal values.
llduha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 99 Club Car DS Pot

Is this the Multi-Step VGlide You are referring to?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac..._resistors.jpg
You are probably getting 0L (Open Line), not on Your meter.

If You are sure all resistors are checking OK and there is no broken connection on the posts, make sure the Wiper Arm is touching all pads.

Use a Magic Marker and paint all the pads on the VGlide, then press the pedal several times and make sure the wiper erases ink from all pads.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
llduha
Not Yet Wild

Sergio, I will confirm that its not open line.... Yes the link you posted is the one im referring to. The arm appears to be touching all the pads, however at the 3rd pad it cuts down to o on the meter Almost seems that the pad itself is bad Anyway to test the individual pads?

THANK YOU in advance
Old 10-21-2016, 08:43 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are You getting approximately 5,000Ω between posts #3 and #9?
Old 10-21-2016, 09:49 AM   #5
llduha
Not Yet Wild

No im not from post 3-6 im fine, after 6 it cuts out to 0 Im thinking it almost has to be a bad resistor, but when I pull them off individually and check them Im getting the correct ohms for each resistor
Old 10-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

When You pull the resistor OFF, make sure you place the meter probes on the ring terminals, not the resistor leads.

It has to be a problem on post #7 connection to the resistor, or the resistor to ring terminal crimp, if the resistor is good.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #7
llduha
Not Yet Wild

So it turns out I was using a bad meter..... Back to step 1 I go.... Will let you know!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car