lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: How many years you get out of 4 12 volt batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharse36 View Post
So if I went to 6 8 volts batteries would be better for run time and life of the batteries?
Three years ago my six 8-V batteries needed replaced. So, I upgraded to eight 6-V batteries and it made a world of difference. Now, the batteries were new, so that alone makes a difference.....but here I am 3 years later and I've given the batteries proper care....check water levels....put only distilled water in them when needed.....kept the terminals clean (I'm a stickler on that) ....oh and I also upgraded the battery cables with ScottyB's 2ga crimped and soldered wires..the best!!
All of the upgrades has made ride longevity greater, and breakdown's Nil, NADA, NONE!! And that's important when your a mile or more back in the woods!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #12
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How many years you get out of 4 12 volt batteries

I've got US Batteries dated 2011.
I have only owned cart for about 1.5 years.
I am getting about 1.5-1.75 hours of constant cruising on flat gravel roads at camp at the end of the season this year.
Lifted Precedent with 23' tires.
I am replacing the 4/12's with 6/8's in February (T875's)
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car