lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #1
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Bought a newer cart, price check after the fact

I just purchased a 2012 Precedent. I ran the serial on it before I bought it. It has the back seat kit, nice aftermarket dash with good radio/CD, USB and good speakers, light kit and turn signals, brake lights. Nice Alloy wheels but low profile tires but no lift kit.
Windshield is missing, blew off. Evidently they didn't know a lot about hauling it.
Has a PlumQuick motor or an upgraded motor. It will outrun my PlumQuick. He had the body upgraded to black with front and rear black seats when he purchased it.

Supposedly the cart was purchased new in 2015. The battery date is 12-2014, Trojan Batteries, 6-8V batteries. so that makes some sense if he purchased in 2015 and said they put the batteries in when he purchased it in 2015 New. The batteries probably sat on the shelf at the dealer for a few months.
I'm told it has few hrs on it. The tires are at about 1/2 wear, low profile, running on concrete, that's not a lot of wear. Comes with a Power Drive Charger III.
The guy says he has 11K in it but I take that with a grain of salt.
He wanted 4K for it but I talked him down to $3,700. He needs to leave for a new job tomorrow and had to do something with the cart since he couldn't haul it.
What say the experts here, good deal or not?

I've looked at this cart before but didn't pay a lot of attention to it since I never thought that I would be purchasing it. I did think it was a nice looking cart .

$3,700 seem like a good price for the cart?

It's dark here now and I'll look closer at it tomorrow in daylight to see which motor it has but he told me the motor was upgraded and it is according to the speed it will travel.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2017, 11:25 PM   #2
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bought a newer cart, price check after the fact

Pictures will help any of us to provide an opinion or guesstimate of value based on our own experiences.

This time last year I shopped for a late model CC Precedent and was happy when I found a 2013 for $2700, it was bone stock and had marginal batteries in it.

As pictured in my Avatar, doing everything but the paint myself, I have almost $4500 in it. Lift kit, wheels & tires, lights, folding back seat, and air brush paint work.

And that doesn't include the money I am spending this week to update the drive train.

So I would say you did fine.
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Sounds fair to me.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:57 AM   #4
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pictures would help judge, but from whats on it, sounds like a fair deal. 2012-2013 Precedent's around me can go from $2300 on up.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:40 AM   #5
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Stock clean newer model Precedent around me - $3000-3300

As long as you are happy with back seat, rims, motor, stereo, and light kit its a fair deal.

Here is a price breakdown, assuming you can install everything, if not Add Labor:

Rims/Tires - 550
deluxe Light kit (the newer model precedents don't have bucket harness) with LED lights and turn signals etc - 300
Back seat - 300
seat covers - 60
Plum quick bandit (purple motor) - 300
Plum quick executioner (green motor) - 550ish
Stereo and 4 speakers - 140+
Lift kit - 300-400 (A arm)
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:58 AM   #6
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

I took a few quick photos of the cart yesterday. I didn't have time to post them yesterday evening.

Can anyone interpret the the number in the pic. It was an extra number that looks like a Ser No but I can't cross it.
I found an original Ser No Tag on the frame behind the battery box that reads
PH1212-XXXXXX which translates to 2012 12th week.
The back step for the rear seat kit is off but I'm picking that up today. I have no idea why he had removed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0785.jpg (168.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0786.jpg (188.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0787.jpg (216.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0788.jpg (142.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-10-2017, 07:34 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 7M1516 means it was reconditioned by Club Car in 2015 (Silver Standard).

They replace a few parts on the Procedure, You can find a list of what is done here:
http://www.clubcar.com/%64am/cc-corp...ure_082014.pdf
That was a tricky URL to post since the site filters dont like the /d.a.m./ on the path, it replaces it with ***, so I had to URL encode the first letter

The rear foot step was probably removed for hauling the cart.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #8
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The 7M1516 means it was reconditioned by Club Car in 2015 (Silver Standard).

They replace a few parts on the Procedure, You can find a list of what is done here:
http://www.clubcar.com/%64am/cc-corp...ure_082014.pdf
That was a tricky URL to post since the site filters dont like the /D.A.M./ on the path, it replaces it with ***, so I had to URL encode the first letter

The rear foot step was probably removed for hauling the cart.
Thanks, I had found that web site this morning. Looks like a 2012 cart refurbished in the 16th week of 2015. The only thing that I haven't deciphered is the letter M, 7M1516-XXXXXX
Old 02-10-2017, 08:00 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Most of the serial number tables don't have the 7M prefix yet, but looking at the succession of letters, it likely means Excell system.

Also, the week on those serial numbers is the "Production Week", not "Calendar Week".

The 2012 model week 01 is in August 2011 .
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:18 AM   #10
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In my area similar carts (2012 Precedents) are at dealers for $4500-$5500. They would have been locally refurbished with many new parts including tires, brakes, long canopies, bodies, lights and new premium batteries. They wouldn't have the radio, aluminum wheels, an upgraded motor or the CC silver rebuild.

So, based on your description I think you got a deal. Even if you have to replace the tires and batteries it's still pretty good IMO.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 precedent, upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car