lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #121
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Will Speed Code 4 work if a high speed magnet does not?

Does it really matter? My controller, solenoid, MCOR, brakes, speed code 4, and new batteries are all new and fully functional. My throttle response is full. Is it worth troubleshooting the run/tow? What is left to trouble shoot? If it is just the run/tow switch (The Canadian/French version) Do I need to fix it or is it just in run mode forever?
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2017, 07:53 PM   #122
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well, when in tow mode the controller goes to sleep, there will be some parasitic drain to the pack if left in run mode. Probably not enough to make a difference.
I would say you want to have the run / tow switch working so if you ever work on the cart, you can put it in tow mode and protect the electronics. I would guess a run / tow switch is inexpensive and would provide good insurance while working on the cart.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:07 PM   #123
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Yes it matters. If the switch is broken, it needs to be fixed. If you ever work on your battery pack (which you will if you own an electric cart) then it needs to be on TOW. If you change a battery cable with the vehicle in RUN it's going to arc when you make the final connection. This arc can damage your controller. Unless you want to be buying a controller, you need to replace the switch. Do like Kashmir said and see if it'll run with the Tow/Run switch disconnected. And no, the Tow/Run switch wont affect your speed.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #124
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

TahoeDawgZ71 helped me out with my cart issues. Check out my other threads if you have similar issues.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charleston, club car, high speed magnet, speed code 4, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car