lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
Wayfun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Maximum tire size with the Madjax Lo Pro lift kit

I've picked up my 2012 Precedent and am starting the customization. I plan to upgrade to 12" wheels with 40 series tires. I don't want to do a full lift kit but I was considering the Madjax Lo Pro kit just to raise it a bit. If I did could I go to a 14 inch wheel? I've searched the forums and I couldn't find any info regarding the Lo Pro kit. Has anyone tried it? I would assume I would need taller shackles at the rear as well.

Looking forward to pimping this cart out.

Dennis
Wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Maximum tire size with the Madjax Lo Pro lift kit

I don't know anything about that particular lift kit either.

I do know that most 40 series tires on 12" wheels will fit on a non-lifted Precedent.

Check out this ad as an example, it states no lift required:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CART-12...sAAMXQfvlSjTD8

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #3
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

I run 215/40/12's on my 05 Precedent. I have the lo pro lift block in the front and medium duty springs in the rear. My cart had the larger wire chase on the passenger side and I still had occasional rubbing with a passenger in the cart on a hard right hand turn. I took a dremel tool and cut the chase out and it is perfect now! I would not try to go larger than that size tire.....
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #4
zimm10
Not Yet Wild

I have those exact tires on my 07 Precedent with no lift, just HD rear spring. I only get rubbing on passenger side when I make a hard right. Bugs me though. Thinking of an easy resolution.
zimm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:15 PM   #5
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I actually had a small rub on my 2013 Precedent also with 20.5" tires, they are 215/50 X 12.

I am not sure I will be able to explain this clearly, but here goes. Behind the rear wheels, on both sides, there is a plastic web, it is part of the rear bumper lower body part. There is a piece of this structure that is horizontal, and that is probably what is rubbing on your tires.

The actual tread on the inside of my right rear wheel was also rubbing on hard turns. A little bit of grinding with a dremel tool cured that problem.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:28 PM   #6
Wayfun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Today I put a set of 215/40-12 tires and wheels on without a lift kit and so far not rubbing with just me in the cart. I may have issues with passengers on board once I get the rear seat on.
Wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car