lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Any Wheel Size Gurus Out There?

Here is the deal:

I have a 2003 DS. It is lifted but, as the previous owner did the lift, I have no idea how big of a lift it is. The previous owner put tires from a quad on it so the back tires are bigger than the front tires. The back tires are 21x12x10. There are no markings whatsoever on the front tires (yes, I check the inside sidewall also).

This cart needs new tires.

Will 22x11x10 work? For sure, they'll work on the back. I am worried about turning with the front as I don't know how big the lift is. I think they'll be ok but a little reassurance would help with my anxiety with this purchase.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Any Wheel Size Gurus Out There?

A 3"-4" lift should cover that with no problem. Most are 4"-6" these days so you probably have one of the two.

11-22's are a pretty standard tire for the average lifted cart (Look at my profile pic and those are 11-22's and that is a 6" lift.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

random question...are the wheels the same size on the front and back and only a tire size difference or are the wheels different a different size as well?

Post a picture.
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

No pic needed for that. They front wheels are definitely smaller than the rear wheels, both in width and diameter. Not just the tires. I'll put the rear wheel on the front when I get home from work to test it on the front but, again, the ones I want to buy are a smidge bigger
Old 06-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
No pic needed for that. They front wheels are definitely smaller than the rear wheels, both in width and diameter. Not just the tires. I'll put the rear wheel on the front when I get home from work to test it on the front but, again, the ones I want to buy are a smidge bigger
If the tires are not marked, do you know how to measure them? If not I will write it out for you to do it.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Dude, these are from a quad. The front tires are probably 1/4 the height of the back ones and probably 1/2 the width. No measuring needed. The front tires are visibly smaller than the rear by a ton. Pics attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170619_170512.jpg (128.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170619_170526.jpg (147.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Dude, these are from a quad. The front tires are probably 1/4 the height of the back ones and probably 1/2 the width. No measuring needed. The front tires are visibly smaller than the rear by a ton. Pics attached.
"Dude", I think you missed my point. You said you didn't know the tire size in your post - my question was do you know how to measure them (so you would know) If it is a nil point, you at least will need to get the wheel size to see if they will fit your new tires unless you are purchasing tires and wheels together.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And looking at your pics, you will have no problem with 11-22's from what I am seeing.... (and those look to be 8" wheels on the front so they will not support your new tire size)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car