lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2017, 09:11 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
Simply amazing the both of you.

It's a 2006 IQ. I thought I read somewhere that CC shipped carts that year with lights that were all ready to go with the reducer. That's what got me wondering if the ground block was it.

I have about 4 bananas in the kitchen stinking to high heaven. Are you really sure that ain't a flux capacitor?
A 2006 DS doesn't have a place for a voltage reducer. Club Car didn't think they needed one since the car had 12 volt batteries in it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2017, 09:23 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
A 2006 DS doesn't have a place for a voltage reducer. Club Car didn't think they needed one since the car had 12 volt batteries in it.
Yup, my '07 is that way....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #13
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think light is starting to come to the swap. The brain is thinking now (ouch.)

I assumed CC was not pulling off the batteries since there was no added wire to pack negative. Just the #6awg to the OBC. There are a couple off of pack positive though.

Is what you're saying is they are pulling 12 volt off of the pack positive battery and then grounding that 12v system to the grounding block off the controller?

I know basic simple 12v, but never had to mess with 48v or the mingling of the two systems together. I guess if I'm right then the 12v system is also being monitored by the OBC. So am I even close?

If I am, then I would also assume I could use that grounding block for a meter, and the OBC would keep track of it also.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #14
crash test dummy

bingo !!!
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #15
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
bingo !!!
I'll be danged. I got one at last.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
I think light is starting to come to the swap. The brain is thinking now (ouch.)

I assumed CC was not pulling off the batteries since there was no added wire to pack negative. Just the #6awg to the OBC. There are a couple off of pack positive though.

Is what you're saying is they are pulling 12 volt off of the pack positive battery and then grounding that 12v system to the grounding block off the controller?

I know basic simple 12v, but never had to mess with 48v or the mingling of the two systems together. I guess if I'm right then the 12v system is also being monitored by the OBC. So am I even close?

If I am, then I would also assume I could use that grounding block for a meter, and the OBC would keep track of it also.
No. Don't do it! You'll blow those bulbs into a million pieces. Club Car would pull the negative from the ground block, which is one in the same with the main negative battery terminal (battery number 4). The positive for the lights is sourced from the same battery, battery number 4, on the positive post. This gives you a 12 volt circuit for your lights.

You are correct however about the OBC monitoring energy removed from the lights as well, because the negative is tied into the system on the ground block side of the OBC. If they were hooked to the battery post it couldn't monitor voltage.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
No. Don't do it!
One thing is for sure with you; you may know what you are talking about, and we may not know what we are talking about, and you may have all the answers, and we may lack the answers, and you may bail us out, and we may forget to thank you, and you may continue to help us, and we may continue to struggle, and you will then write more, and we will then learn more, and then in a few more decades, we will be right where you are today! (But darn, then you will have another few decades of information/knowledge under your belt so we still come up short here!! (#%$&!)

Lol! With all due respects my friend - you are a terrific person! (No matter what Aflyer told us....)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #18
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

here it comes......
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #19
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #20
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car