lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #1
Mbenson83
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2003 Club Car DS (48V Electric) Vibrates

I inherited a 2003 Club Car DS (48V Electric). Recently, it started to vibrate on acceleration when the following are met:

1. A person is riding on it
2. Going up any incline
3. Trying to accelerate normally (not stomping on it, but not slow either)

Gradual acceleration allows it to obtain about a 1/2 speed situation whereas it would go full speed with normal acceleration before this issue started. I have 8.0V on all batteries when charging, 7.5+ on batteries 1,2,3,5 when the cart is on a jack and the pedal is depressed fully. Batteries 4 and 6 have between 5.6 and 6.5 when the pedals is depressed fully. I am thinking this may be a part of the issue.

Next issue is speed being reduced to about 1/2. Could this be the MCOR or the low voltage?

Third issue: when running with the pedal depressed fully and on a jack, only one wheel will run. The other will do so intermittently. If I raise the jack another inch, the side that was not running will start and the side that was running will stop. I am thinking this is simply an issue with the cart being off-level so to speak.

I checked and filled the transaxle oil, sprayed the brake slides with the proper dry lube and lubricated other areas per the manual.

Does anyone know how to resolve these issues? Do I need new batteries, new MCOR or could this be something else altogether?

**Edit** I taped the blue and green wires from the 2 pin plug on the MCOR together and it seems to run fine. The schematic that I have doesn't show these 2 wires. What did I jump together and, I assume this means the MCOR is toast.

Last edited by Mbenson83; 07-22-2017 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: New information obtained from troubleshooting.
Mbenson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2017, 09:23 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Club Car DS (48V Electric) Vibrates

Your batteries are shot. When you give it full pedal from start they don't have enough power to meet that demand. You wheel spin is normal open diffentrals operate that way. The two wire on the mcor operate the on off switch inside the mcor, you likely need a new mcor and batteries. Get mcor from David at revelotion carts site sponsor. The ones off eBay are junk.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Your batteries are shot. When you give it full pedal from start they don't have enough power to meet that demand. You wheel spin is normal open diffentrals operate that way. The two wire on the mcor operate the on off switch inside the mcor, you likely need a new mcor and batteries. Get mcor from David at revelotion carts site sponsor. The ones off eBay are junk.
Bump! (MCOR will buy time OP, but the batteries (unless thery were not fully charged) are going, going, about gone....)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
Mbenson83
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info y'all. So, a few hundred bucks and i'm good to go. Just wish golf cart batteries weren't so darn expensive.
Mbenson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: 2003 Club Car DS (48V Electric) Vibrates

Yes, golf cart batteries are an investment...so buy wisely and look for somebody that sells Trojan, US Battery or Crown...these brands will give you the best "life" for your money. Then read the sticky notes about how to break in new batteries and how to properly maintain them. Many of us are getting 5 years plus out of a set of quality batteries when you follow the info put together by years and years of experience. This forum is your best "tool" to have to keep your cart rolling.😎
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:14 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Yes, golf cart batteries are an investment...so buy wisely and look for somebody that sells Trojan, US Battery or Crown...these brands will give you the best "life" for your money. Then read the sticky notes about how to break in new batteries and how to properly maintain them. Many of us are getting 5 years plus out of a set of quality batteries when you follow the info put together by years and years of experience. This forum is your best "tool" to have to keep your cart rolling.😎
Bump!
7+ here on my 12v US Batteries....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car