lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
Jmcclary1024
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2000 club car electric motor upgrade question

I have a 2000 48v club car serial number A0032-918470 which from what I read everything is obsolete for this one I'm looking to upgrade the motor to increase speed but can't find anything online anywhere because it doesn't have the normal round speed sensor like other club cars it's a square one with a metal cover over it and it doesn't have abnormal solenoid on the left hand side it has a solenoid with a big metal coil coming off of it any help would be greatly appreciated not wanting to get too fast I'm running about 16 now would love to get around 22 to 24
Jmcclary1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 club car electric motor upgrade question

You can upgrade to the newer IQ style motor. The new motor will have its own speed sensor. The plug of the speed sensor that goes to the wiring is the same three prong on all of them.

Now you can look at lots of motors that will work on your cart. The solenoid on the drivers side is the dynamic braking solenoid. It can be removed if you want to.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
Jmcclary1024
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So the solenoid with the big coil can be removed? And I can upgrade to the IQ motor without having to change the controller?
Old 07-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcclary1024 View Post
So the solenoid with the big coil can be removed? And I can upgrade to the IQ motor without having to change the controller?
Yes. You will run the white wire cable from controller direct to the motor. You will save the current from going through all that extra cable. The speed sensor will need to be unhooked or you will get a really strong braking with the solenoid removed.

I've haven't tried before but I think with the IQ motor and a high speed magnet you may be able to hook speed sensor up and still have the roll away braking. I hacked the magnet on a regen 2 motor and was able to hook the speed sensor back up to keep the roll away braking so with that in mind I think the IQ motor with high speed magnet would work the same.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
Jmcclary1024
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the advice you've been a lot of help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car