lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2017, 08:00 AM   #1
blackwellchris2000
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Yamaha Drive Electric Throttle Switch?- HELP!

Ok, sorry about the earlier post stating 2012. I'm a moron. So my Drive golf cart was sort of jumpy with the accelerator pressed. I found a little corrosion on one of the battery studs. I went to clean and retighten it and it snapped off. Replaced the battery thinking that would make everything better....wrong! It did the same exact thing. So we rode it up to a little restaurant in the campground hoping it would clear up. Had dinner, came out, and it wouldn't move at all. Went in, had a beer, tried again and then it started moving again, but was still all jerky. Got back to the camper and went to test it out later and now it won't move again. I really have no clue. Perhaps the throttle switch. Problem is I don't have my tester with me in the campground and I'm gonna have no way to load this thing back in the trailer other than asking a few neighbors to help me push.
blackwellchris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 Yamaha Drive Electric Throttle Switch?- HELP!

No tools = no work.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you can't ask your neighbors for help in the campground, your in the wrong campground. Go buy a tester and keep it at the camper.
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #4
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

the throttle switch is possible, but I seem to feel like that's not the issue. something is intermittent and may not be that obvious to discover at first. I'm starting to think you just have battery issues lol

once you get your meter tell us the condition of the batteries and have them load tested if you can
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:43 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I doubt the switch also.

Motor or batteries
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha