lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2017, 07:27 AM   #1
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Default Lights wired to 1 battery?

How big of an issue is it to run lights/turn signals from a 48-12v reducer?

I ask because I was putting some fender flares on this weekend and noticed whoever had the cart before me just slopped in the reducer on top of the wheel-well. So for ease of completing the project, I just pulled out the reducer and wired the lights to one battery.

Now my cart is literally never used at night, so the only lights that are ever on are turn signals and brake lights. Cart is probably used 3-4 days a week for no more than a total of 1 hour per day.

So I was thinking that little use may not cause a huge discrepancy in that one battery to overcome the amount of time/work to correctly mount the reducer.
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2017, 08:17 AM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lights wired to 1 battery?

In my opinion you pretty much answered your own question... Mine has been this way for over 3 years... If usage is minimal then the effect should be minimal too...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
In my opinion you pretty much answered your own question... Mine has been this way for over 3 years... If usage is minimal then the effect should be minimal too...
Well I thought so - but I wanted someone to check my logic/reasoning! :)
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith05 View Post

So I was thinking that little use may not cause a huge discrepancy in that one battery to overcome the amount of time/work to correctly mount the reducer.
but if you take the time and effort to do the job correctly you will know it will be right and will do no harm to the batteries
Old 09-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #5
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
but if you take the time and effort to do the job correctly you will know it will be right and will do no harm to the batteries

Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #6
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Seeing that you already have the reducer and don't have to buy one you could hook it up instead of just discarding it. Come the day when you (or, more likely, someone else who uses the cart) do use the lights and other 12V accessories, your battery pack will jump to attention and say "Thank you Sir".
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
That right there is the absolute best advise...

I installed an oversized converter with the full intention of wiring my lights into it and in the end all it ever powered was a couple unused USB power outlets. The cart is so rarely used at night and one day I needed the fuse to fix the car until I could get to town (1.5 hour round trip) and over a year later the replacement fuse is still sitting in the ball holder...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #8
crash test dummy

well at least you have one ... i used a cigarette pack foil to get home from a jeep romp
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car