lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
Emmster29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default My winter project

Hey Y'all

So based on some great advice I've gotten from this forum to date, I've decided to take my 48V 98 DS home from the campground this winter and do it up. I'll start uploading pictures when I get it in the shop but, for now, just picture your basic white 98 DS.

I'm sure I'll have a million questions as I go on, but since I'm in the planning phase, I'm wondering if I should plan to lift it. I would like to, because it'll look good but I'm wondering what affect lifting it and putting on bigger tires is going to have on the speed. The cart only goes 10-11mph right now. That's ok because the campground speed limit is 10 and my kids drive the cart, but I don't want to slow it down too much more.

Does anyone have thoughts on how / if I can do a lift without impacting the speed too much?

Thanks!
Mike
Emmster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: My winter project

A lift will not affect speed. Given the same power supply, taller tires will increase top end speed and lower torque. It's a trade off.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
Emmster29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Oh that's great news! Its all pretty much asphalt / limestone driving on flat ground in my campground so speed is higher on the desire list than torque.

Do you have any recommendations on lift kits I should be looking at. I think I'd prefer a 3" or 4" to a 6" because I don't want to risk stability. What's the difference between the spindle vs. A arm types?

thanks!
Old 09-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
swm63
Gone Wild

Spindle lift is just that, extended spindles. They have inherent stability and alignment problems, but also the most inexpensive lift.

A-arm lifts are somewhat the norm, more stable and allow more front end articulation. Pricier also.

True off-road capabilities come with a long travel lift, even pricier.

Allsports makes a great A-arm lift. I plan on their 4" with 22 x 11 x 10 on my daughters 08 DS.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #5
Emmster29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, that's kind of what I've gathered from other posts.

What are the thoughts on and "economy" z-bracket type lift like

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...-1981-up)/7031
Old 09-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #6
Emmster29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, that's kind of what I've gathered from other posts.

What are the thoughts on and "economy" z-bracket type lift like

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...-1981-up)/7031
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car