lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2017, 06:48 PM   #11
LouisC
Getting Wild

Default Re: 4 person Seatbelt Kit with Max 5 rear Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter99 View Post
The MadJax Genesis 300 is not the same as the Max 5 seat. They look very similar but the bracing, etc. is different. Doubletake makes the Max 5 seat in Salisbury, NC. I believe the MadJax unit is from China.

The Max 5 seat does not have the seatbelt provisions like the MadJax seat does. As Htownblue mentioned most seat kits bolt to the seat frame. That's what I was mentioning earlier in the thread. The frame has those seatbelt tabs that are shown on the MadJax seat.

Is there a reason for the seat belts? Is the cart going to be used on roads or does the person have an issue being steady. I'm only asking because if my cart was going over I would rather be able to jump free of the cart and go over with it. It doesn't have any crash protection at all and could make the chance for injury worse.
I am trying to make my cart as Road worthy as possible...with lights - turn signals - brake lights - horn - hazard lights - seat belts - mirrors - SMV Placard. I am seeking permission from the state of NH to use my cart on Secondary state roads (a 3.6 mile) trek from a campground to a golf course... it will be a battle but to me it is worth the effort
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #12
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisC View Post
I am trying to make my cart as Road worthy as possible...with lights - turn signals - brake lights - horn - hazard lights - seat belts - mirrors - SMV Placard. I am seeking permission from the state of NH to use my cart on Secondary state roads (a 3.6 mile) trek from a campground to a golf course... it will be a battle but to me it is worth the effort
That's fair. I was thinking that but asked to be sure. Anyway, check out the universal seat belt mounts for golf carts. That should at least give you a base to start with.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #13
LouisC
Getting Wild

I have gone along and purchased a universal 4-person seat belt kit...I really don't know if it will fit...concerns are that the rear seat is so much higher than the front seat and the seat backs mounts are not square tubing. I guess I'll have to make some sort of modification...time will tell...
Old 06-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #14
mpreisler
Not Yet Wild

Any update on how the universal seat belt mount worked? I need to add seat belts to my Max 5 as well.
mpreisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #15
Jamslights
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpreisler View Post
Any update on how the universal seat belt mount worked? I need to add seat belts to my Max 5 as well.
I’d be curious too. I’m looking to add some seatbelts as well.
Jamslights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:24 PM   #16
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

I’m installing a max 5 this week and would also like the seatbelts, if anything just for rear seats. I have a short bungee leash for my dog that snaps into the seat belt reciever. She likes to stand up in the bed and I think she would be more stable with the restraint.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:59 AM   #17
LouisC
Getting Wild

Here are pics of the results I had--- the longer ear was toward the back and I attached the belt at the inner most hole so that when lifting the back seat it wouldn't hit the retractable belt part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180624_083751_resized.jpg (65.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180624_083813_resized.jpg (201.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180624_083847_resized.jpg (87.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #18
Jamslights
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisC View Post
Here are pics of the results I had--- the longer ear was toward the back and I attached the belt at the inner most hole so that when lifting the back seat it wouldn't hit the retractable belt part.
Thank you so much for the pictures! That looks great, I’ll be ordering that ASAP.
Jamslights is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car