lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Curtis 400A 1268 Controller / 2006 IQ / Help Needed

Swapping a 1268 into a 2006 Precedent, finding conflicting info on removing the pre-charge resistor and can't figure out for the life of me where the controller is going to get a signal from the speed sensor - what I *can* say is with the resistor in place and the speed sensor not plugged into anything it's all "click" and no "go" .. Anyone have a minute or two to throw a couple of ideas out here? I can't count the AllTrax we've done, this is a whole different deal with what looks to me like the wrong harness adapter, HELP PLEASE !!!!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #2
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Curtis 400A 1268 Controller / 2006 IQ / Help Needed

Here's the manual, if it helps:
http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/1268(06A)MANUAL.pdf
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Thanks - I have that, and it's helping Me figure out that the harness Nivel shipped with the conrtoller *fits* but is all wrong, the FSIP install manual shows a Walkaway Relay and NO precharge Resistor, the Curtis shows an entirely different hookup for the speed sensor ... I'm going to go trace some wiring and see if there's not an easy workaround, I have plenty of Molex Connectors, etc so if need be i can wire up a new connector and run the speed sensor directly into the controller, just not sure what to do about the resistor/walkaway issue and really don't want more trouble down the road.

I have a couple of XCT's on the shelf if need be, the cart will get done (even if I have to upgrade the controller and lose a couple of $$ on the margins) but I'd like to figure the whole thing out and not end up with another $350 controller on the shelf, LOL
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Speed sensor hooks up to J2 connector. 1268 is a great controller but a hand held is a must to tune it and diagnose. Every thing it is programmed to must be connected before it will work. You getting any lights?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

This was a simple install; a 1268 into a 2006 Precedent. It is what I had installed in my cart for 2 yrs. I also have the 1313-4401 Programmer, which is a must to make setings for the motor and controller. There is an adapter harness required (see pic) that goes with the 1268 to mate to the Precedent wiring harness. The wire cut off in the pic, is a wire I added to the plug for Mode 2 or User 2 settings. Also attached are the 1268 Manual, the Programmer manual and an FSIP troubleshoot for the 1268 IQ. The original part number for my controller on the IQ system was 1268-5417.

Something else I discovered. I called FSIP / Curtis about an adapter for an EZGO TXT to use with this left over controller (a chance to upgrade a TXT). The throttle types are not programmable. They are built in to the controller for the specific model. So, this 1268-5417 controller won't work with an ITS throttle and even if it did, they will not sell the adapter harness without the controller with it. So, if you don't have the correct adapter harness and or this controller made specifically for the IQ system throttle, it probably won't work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1268 CC Adapter Harness.jpg (1.60 MB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Curtis 1268 manual.pdf (1.05 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Club Car IQ 1268 Troubleshooting.pdf (216.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Curtis 1313-4401 Manual.pdf (2.51 MB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ping that 24 pin plug can be bought other places and I think the one from a computer power supply works as well. Not sure if the controller in question can be reset to an ITS or not but a hand held would tell you.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:37 AM   #7
SammyHolbook
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Curtis 400A 1268 Controller / 2006 IQ / Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
This was a simple install; a 1268 into a 2006 Precedent. It is what I had installed in my cart for 2 yrs. I also have the 1313-4401 Programmer, which is a must to make setings for the motor and controller. There is an adapter harness required (see pic) that goes with the 1268 to mate to the Precedent wiring harness. The wire cut off in the pic, is a wire I added to the plug for Mode 2 or User 2 settings.
Where can I get one of those adapters????? I have a 09 ezgo txt and want to put my 1268 on it but I really just want a plug and Play!
SammyHolbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car