lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
nickwarf
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 not charging

I am still a very new cart owner. After my cart has sat for way to long, I plugged the charger in and it shows power on but is not charging. Red light comes on charger but none of the other lights that normally come on are on. A quick google search suggest the batteries are completely drained and need to be pulled and charged with a battery charger to give them enough juice to kick the charger on. Does that sound right?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!
nickwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
Heath79
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G29 not charging

Sounds exactly like what mine did this past winter, the charger worked fine one day and then about a week later it wouldn’t do anything. I figured my 3 year old Trojans we’re still fine so I had them individually charged and still nothing so I tested them with the hydrometer and found that 8 of my 24 cells were shot. $800 dollars and 4 new US Batteries later and all is well now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heath79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #3
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes, you are right. YOu don't have to pull the batteries, but charge them w/a separate charger. The cart charger won't kick on until it sees a certain voltage. The pros will chime in momentarily, but there are other posts regarding this same issue if you search.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #4
rick62
Not Yet Wild

I'm not a pro yet, but I work on them. Check voltage of each battery. I assume you have 6, 8 volt battery's. The charger will not turn on unless there is 42 volt's, so you must have at least 7+ volts in each battery if not charge them up one at a time till you do. use a twelve volt charger for about 15 min. or less for each battery. Check voltage level of each battery frequently by removing negative cable from charger. I also would do this with the cart in the tow position. Once the pack is above 42v remove charger put in run position and plug in charger. I have tricked the charger into turning on by leaving the charger on a battery and plugging in the the cart charger. Start by checking battery pack voltage first then each individual battery. Don't walk away and overcharge the battery's and once the cart charger kicks on disconnect the 12 v charger. I hope this helps.
rick62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:01 AM   #5
dmjohn29
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I had the same problem. Cleaning the charging port and charger plug solved it for me.
dmjohn29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha