lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2018, 01:34 AM   #1
iggy77
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha tail light problem or problems

I have 2013 Yamaha drive g29 i think, there was basic light kit there (all led lights). I wanted to have brake light as well as turn signals so i bought MadJax ultimate harness (9 pin Connector) and turn signal kit wich came with horn and brake pad.
I followed instructions and installed the harness as well as the turn signal kit.
Now when i turn on the lights i only have headlights, no tail lights.
With light pullout switch in on position i can't get the turn signals, brake or 4ways to work. If i push in light switch (turn off) i have turn signals brake and 4ways.
Have anyone had a problem like that?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
i bought the kit on amazon it was 10L0L turn signal kit and the harness is Madjax Ultimate Light Harness

Last edited by iggy77; 05-06-2018 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: links to products i bought
iggy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha tail light problem or problems

I think you got Madjacked. I don't know too much about every variety of aftermarket light kit, but these things are why it's better to get everything you want at once, or go with the OEM lights.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #3
iggy77
Not Yet Wild

first i thought it was a turn signal kit problem, but even when i unplug the turn signal kit i have no tail lights only headlights.
when i plug in the turn signal kit it has turn signals, brake and 4ways as long as i dont turn on the lights.
Turn signal handle has an option for low/high beams and to turn on the lights, that is not working either.
i have seen the turn signal kits with 3 wires going to the old headlight switch where you take purple wire and connect to the the blue wire on old switch and the 2 yellow wire are used for the switch for 4 ways. My turn signal kit came with 4way switch already on there and no third wire (purple), it has small box (controller) and 9 pin connector that plugs in Ultimate Madjax harness. It looks like those two are not working togheter.
But i dont know which one is the culprit.
i forgot to mention that i have voltage reducer on there i have to check if it is connected right, i put everything together like it was, but will recheck.
i have 6 8v batteries and the reducer is connected to the first and last battery so it is connected to 48v.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
iggy77
Not Yet Wild

i just talked to the guy i bought the cart from and the lights on the cart are from Red Hawk and it is 48 to 12 volt reducer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha