lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2018, 08:59 AM   #1
PM5K
Not Yet Wild

Default Recommended Aftermarket G29 Charger?

Bought a used G29 and the charger went out after about 2 months, the dealer was kind enough to swap it out even though it had no warranty, and now about 2 years later its dead again.

This time I looked at it and it seems the 20 amp fuse had blown, replaced it and it does so again immediately. I was also told that I have a newer model that isnt easily repaired.

Even though both were used, two chargers in two years doesnt seem good.

SO, can anyone recommend an aftermarket charger? I know DPI makes a few that are made in USA and pretty good? Lester? Also, whats the deal with the third charging pin, unecessary ground?

TIA!
PM5K is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Recommended Aftermarket G29 Charger?

DPI is my favorite. Lester is a good, and well known brand. Third wire is for interlock, disables cart when charger plugged in. DPI does not support it, but apparently Yamaha is ok with that, as the DPI was an option from Yamaha..
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #3
PM5K
Not Yet Wild

I saw a Lester Summit II on Golfcart Garage and it had a bunch of good reviews, but its like 100 more than a dpi.

Not all dpi do float?
PM5K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Gen III DPI has the float. Gen IV DPI has maintenance which is not a float but an initiation of a new charge cycle after the pack reaches a preset value.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha