lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
Keith93611
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2014 G29 won't run after installing lights

Im new to the 48 volt game... i have had this Cart for a month and no issues, i installed a Deluxe light kit, a 48 volt to 12 volt DC to DC converter and added a 48 volt relay to cut the power to the DC to DC Converter and fuse panel i installed.... i was looking for a trigger wire for the relay and figured i could find a wire that would show voltage when the ignition switch was turned on... i used a light probe and checked most of the connections under the seat, was getting late so i went to pull the cart into the Garage and Nothing! no click, no forward & no reverse.. Battery's are fully charged, power to ignition and out when key is on is fine, the forward and reverse switch has power and switches with no issues, the brake peddle releases when the throttle peddle is depressed. any ideas where or what i need to look for? I checked the 3amp fuse located on the drivers side post under the seat and its fine, have power to the Run/Tow Switch and tested the switch and it fine.
Keith93611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2018, 05:32 AM   #2
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2014 G29 won't run after installing lights

I don't have any experience with the light kit and doesn't seem your getting any suggestions so I would reconnect back like before kit and see if it runs, clicks, etc. It might help find the problem.
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #3
Keith93611
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks~ i did remove everything and no luck, i replaced the Controller & solenoid and runs great now!. i guess when i was probing for a wire that would power up when the ignition switch was turned on, i must of done something wrong... expensive lessen.
Keith93611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #4
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Don't feel bad, we all have those lessons. Glad your back rolling.
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha