lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Can a navitas 440 controller work with a 2001 36V series cart w/

A 5 pin harness connection?? I’ve got one but I can’t even get the controller to bolt up in a normal configuration. Also the adapter is for a 9 pin connection; I can make it work but you would have to connect it in the middle which doesn’t even seem right. Has anyone tried to upgrade a 5 pin controller before? If so could you shed some light on how you did it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 05:24 PM   #2
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: Can a navitas 440 controller work with a 2001 36V series cart w/

Ok after doing some research (which I should probably have done more of before now) the question I should be asking is there even a controller upgrade; Navitas or Alltrax, for the Curtis 1206? I'm seeing both for 1204 & 1205 and every other controller BUT the 1206. Anyone know why this is or if there is one that I'm missing? BTW this cart DOES have an 8hp GE motor.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Looks like you have a series drive cart. (Six pin molex with 4 pins loaded)

Alltrax SR48400 (or larger) ought to do the trick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR in TXT.jpg (250.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 04-03-2019 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: forgot attachment
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #4
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I've only dealt with XCT controllers before I've never laid my hands on an SR; does it have a plug and play for the 6 pin molex like this? The sales description says " all with 1204/1205 footprint" whatever that means. Just don't want to order the wrong controller twice lol
Old 04-03-2019, 07:12 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams81 View Post
I've only dealt with XCT controllers before I've never laid my hands on an SR; does it have a plug and play for the 6 pin molex like this? The sales description says " all with 1204/1205 footprint" whatever that means. Just don't want to order the wrong controller twice lol
It has the same mounting footprint as the XCT controllers.

You have to cut the molex off and add push-on connectors.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:10 PM   #6
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
A 5 pin harness connection?? I’ve got one but I can’t even get the controller to bolt up in a normal configuration. Also the adapter is for a 9 pin connection; I can make it work but you would have to connect it in the middle which doesn’t even seem right. Has anyone tried to upgrade a 5 pin controller before? If so could you shed some light on how you did it? Thanks in advance.

You may have the wrong adapter, I have used that controlled on that cart before. Also, that is a universal controller designed to work on multiple carts by using different adapters so the bolt pattern does not/can't fit all carts and so you may have to drill.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:09 AM   #7
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Good to know and thanks I’ll call the vendor today and see if they have a other adapter

Old 04-04-2019, 09:26 AM   #8
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
You may have the wrong adapter, I have used that controlled on that cart before. Also, that is a universal controller designed to work on multiple carts by using different adapters so the bolt pattern does not/can't fit all carts and so you may have to drill.
It was indeed the wrong adapter that was sent. These controllers work BOTH with DCS and SERIES carts although they aren't advertised as such alot of the times. With the correct harness adapter it's just a simple download on the dashboard to change it to series instead of DCS. I know alot of people on here like Alltrax including myself but the last few times that I've had to deal with Navitas controllers and their customer service I have nothing but good things to say. I love the fact that these controllers are bluetooth enabled; it makes it so easy to adjust, diagnosed and program. Anyway thats my two cents thanks again for the the advice from the best forum around!
Old 04-04-2019, 04:20 PM   #9
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
It was indeed the wrong adapter that was sent. These controllers work BOTH with DCS and SERIES carts although they aren't advertised as such alot of the times. With the correct harness adapter it's just a simple download on the dashboard to change it to series instead of DCS. I know alot of people on here like Alltrax including myself but the last few times that I've had to deal with Navitas controllers and their customer service I have nothing but good things to say. I love the fact that these controllers are bluetooth enabled; it makes it so easy to adjust, diagnosed and program. Anyway thats my two cents thanks again for the the advice from the best forum around!
I agree with you on Navitas, I have used many with no issues and their customer service is great.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 06:59 PM   #10
Tucker1881
Not Yet Wild

Where does the F1 and A1 go to on this controller I have three wires from motor two larger A1 and F1 I believe then the third goes to a three pin where do the cables go pictures would be awesome thanks in advance
Tucker1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO