lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2019, 09:52 PM   #1
air06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cut the buzzer wires on a late model RXV

New member here looking for some help.

So I was at my neighbors house the other day and he mentions wishing he could stop the reverse buzzer on his golf cart, easy right unplug/cut the wires.... if it doesn't work we'll just splice/plug them back how they were and no harm no foul....wrong. So that's where we are I've been trying to figure this thing out for 2 days when I get home from work.

It will move forward normally, will not move in reverse but the buzzer sounds in all positions R-N and F when I have the wires put back together with wire nuts. It tries to move in reverse when you first hit the gas but it's ever so slight...

Currently the buzzer is disabled and it still moves in forward but does not move in reverse.

Looking for solutions I've found some other threads where its been done by other people but I haven't seen where they posted a solution. Is the solution a new controller?

I would guess this things isn't any older than a 2016 year model EZ GO RXV.

The buzzer has a red and black wire the red was spliced with 2 other red wires one went to the tow/run switch and I haven't followed the other one. The black wire was spliced with another black one that I assumed was a ground...

This thing is way different than my old EZ GO....

Thanks in advance
Adam
air06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2019, 12:09 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Cut the buzzer wires on a late model RXV

Yes, you did damage the controller. The correct fix is to send it out for repair. FSIP can repair it. And leave the buzzer alone on RXVs, now you know why. If you want the buzzer disabled, it can be done in the software with the programmer without damaging the controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #3
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

After you get the controller fixed, you can use a foam ear plug placed in the center hole of the reverse buzzer to make it a lot quieter, more tolerable. Just compress it, insert into the hole and hold your finger over the end of the hole for a few seconds as the ear plug expands,
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

We repaired 2 RXV controllers over the last 6 months due to the customer cutting the reverse buzzard.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:12 AM   #5
air06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah looking back it was a stupid thing to do with all the computer stuff now-a-days.

Seeing all those wires in there should have told me to not do this but also its just a reverse buzzer. In all my experience with golf carts (which isn't much to be honest) the majority are all either cut or unplugged.

Anyway so to get this fixed for my neighbor we need to pull out the old controller and send it off to have it fixed? Is it just reset or reprogrammed? What's the cost associated with this?

So is FSIP the recommend folks to do this repair? I'm assuming it is the one in PA or IL that has been mentioned in this thread...

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes, pull the controller and get ready to ship it. Actual electrical parts inside were damaged, not just a reprogram.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #7
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

After the repair, you might try wrapping electrical tape around the buzzer. Once or twice should quiet it considerably and still allow hearing the turn signal sound.
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #8
air06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Called FSIP and talked to a guy named Adam he said they no longer repair these...

Looks like LabRat has repaired these in the past, I don't think I can do private messages but could someone tag him in this?
Old 11-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #9
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by air06 View Post
Called FSIP and talked to a guy named Adam he said they no longer repair these...

Looks like LabRat has repaired these in the past, I don't think I can do private messages but could someone tag him in this?
I also went to FSIP, not even a month ago so big question mark, IDK do you have to be a dealer or shop for FSIP to deal with you?
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:29 PM   #10
air06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Since I'm striking out on finding someone to repair the controller, we're leaning now towards just picking up another controller on eBay that matches the model number of the one that is currently installed. Is there any reason this wouldn't work?

One currently installed is a model 1206AC-5201 Curtis 48V 235A Date code is 14106P

Thoughts?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO