lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2019, 08:47 PM   #21
air06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cut the buzzer wires on a late model RXV

Just an update and for closure, replaced the controller today and all is well. Works as it should!

Thanks for all the help this place is a great resource!
air06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2019, 01:42 AM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by air06 View Post
Just an update and for closure, replaced the controller today and all is well. Works as it should!

Thanks for all the help this place is a great resource!
I'm glad you resolved the issue. Did you buy one from FSIP on eBay? They usually keep the 1206AC-5201 controllers on sale there for $495 + shipping.

I mailed one out monday that I had done the cut buzzer fix on. The buzzer error codes had repeated 163 times on each of the 3 error codes that are triggered. It was operated for so long with cut buzzer wires that it should have taken out the run/tow switch input as well, but there was no error code for that. I'm hoping that it survived. It passed self-test on the bench, so we'll see.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:36 AM   #23
air06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It is my neighbors cart and I know he purchased one off of eBay but I do not know who he purchased it from. He did make the comment that they were very helpful and answered several of his questions before he actually made the purchase though.

With his old controller could he send this off and have it repaired as a spare or is it scrap?
air06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by air06 View Post
It is my neighbors cart and I know he purchased one off of eBay but I do not know who he purchased it from. He did make the comment that they were very helpful and answered several of his questions before he actually made the purchase though.

With his old controller could he send this off and have it repaired as a spare or is it scrap?
I've had pretty good luck at making them work again by disabling the buzzer port and turning off the buzzer port test. I can also disable the buzzer on his replacement controller, if he wants that done. The RXV controllers are capable of some pretty nice performance enhancements. Accel, top speed, enhanced braking, ect. Just send a PM to usgicollector for the info to mail to.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:56 PM   #25
bdserv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It's the way the buzzer is integrated with the run/tow switch. The buzzer provides forward bias to a microprocessor pin. When a buzzer wire is cut, it allows the pin to swing negative, damaging the microprocessor.
Pretty poor design. The buzzer could fail or a wire could break and neither should cause the failure of a $500 component. It would have cost them less than a dollar in parts to provide internal protection against something like this.
bdserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO