lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #1
Brian5117
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Alpha Body Kit & Wiring

Good afternoon all. I just picked up "most" of my Alpha Body kit part for my 2009.5 CC Precedent. The rumors are all true. This was a pain to install and i'm not quite done yet. Found out the front cowl frame piece didn't make it so put the front cowl all together and will install it when the frame piece comes in.

My question is about the lighting and the harness. So it came with a new bucket harness and front harness. Install was ok but noticed the bucket harness didn't have a gray bullet connector like my old Madjax ultimate light kit bucket harness did so there's a grey bullet connector just hanging there on the main harness now. Is this normal ? Also, noticed that the brake lights come on very dim when i turn the key on and they stay on. When i hit the brake they illuminate a bit more for breaking. When i turn on the switch that came with the new bucket harness (with a blue light), the taillights come on very bright. Assuming all this is normal but since i can't hook up the front lights yet, just wanted to check with the forum SMEs here.

Oh...also noticed an orange and black wire (with spade connectors) coming off by themselves from the new alpha bucket harness. Any idea what these are for ?

Last question.... when i click on the turn signal, it lights up on the rear taillights correctly but doesn't blink. I'm assuming this is a flasher issue. Any recommendations on which flasher to get for these new led lights ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Brian5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Alpha Body Kit & Wiring

Regarding the flasher, you need one that is for LED lights.

Here is an example: https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Tu.../dp/B07GWL1YS3
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:06 PM   #3
FlemingAdventures
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever figure out the wiring? I am in the same boat. Everytime I plug up the switch it pops the fuse?
FlemingAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:27 PM   #4
Brian5117
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unfortunately no. I’ve tried many flasher relays with no luck. No flash on the turn signals. I gave up.
Brian5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpha, kit, lighting, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car