lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
Knight Rider
Not Yet Wild

Default Driver Side Tail Light and Horn Not Working

I recently purchased a used custom club car via private sale. The cart is a 2014 precedent that was completely redone in October 2018. The prior owner put a mad Jax led light kit on it. It is a six seater and all accessories run off a dedicated 12 volt deep cell battery under the front seats.

When we purchased the cart the horn was not working but I didn’t think much of it and the seller bought a replacement horn and had it shipped to our house. After we got the cart home we noticed that the driver side rear tail light does not work. Not when the lights are turned on or when the blinkers are turned on or flashers. Today I got around to replacing the horn and when I hooked it up and tried to use it, it makes a very Brief and quiet attempt to work but it does not.

I tried troubling shooting with the following:

I checked the fuse by the battery and it is in tact. I pulled out the light assembly and all 3 wires are hooked up (as well as the passenger side). The voltage reducer connection located in the front of the cart was in tact. I pulled apart the turn signal assembly at the steering wheel thinking there might be a pinched wire there but everything looks clean.

I live in a town where we need to make the cart street legal and register it. I need these issues fixed so I can get it on the road. Any thoughts amor suggestions are appreciated....
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2020, 10:54 PM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: Driver Side Tail Light and Horn Not Working

Follow the wire from the light to reducer. Maybe pinched there. I dont think horn and light are related since other lights are working.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:03 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Test for 12 at the problem. If you are getting voltage there the bulb(s) are bad. If no voltage trace to see why not. I suspect it is somewhere between the good and non working tail lights. As buckman said, the horn is probably a separate issue. Is the relay for it clicking?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:06 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
Follow the wire from the light to reducer. Maybe pinched there. I dont think horn and light are related since other lights are working.
He does not have a reducer.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:40 AM   #5
Knight Rider
Not Yet Wild

Not sure why I didn’t think of this before I posted but I decided to swap tail lights and noticed the good one works on the bad side. Also noticed on the bad light that I started getting a very dim light and a reaction when I put the blinker on. Unless someone can think of another reason this might be caused, I am guessing it must be a bad light in which case now I have to try to find a matching one for sale.

As far as the horn, I hear a small tap sound when I press the button each time, but no horn sound. The old horn did not give any tap sound. The horn I am installing is pretty basic looking. I read on the forum to adjust a screw for sound but I don’t see a screw on this horn. Any ideas? Thanks for the feedback.
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car