lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
Mike2015
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v DS Club Car WNR

I have a 48v Club Car DS IQ car that the solenoid popped out of its holder and arced on the frame. Cart would not run after that. When you hook up the IQDM it shows no Foot input and no key input. By pass the key switch, and switch the MCOR and the same issue. I replaced the controller and still the same. I have to bypass OBC to get IQDM to turn on, but it wont run with it bypassed. Reverse buzzer intermittently stopped working as I was checking harness but is back on and still the same symptoms. Possibly one of the sonic welds in the harness? I am lost any insight would be appreciated.
Mike2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48v DS Club Car WNR

For some crazy reason the DS does not have a fuse on the Tow/Run power so if the Key Switch was ON when the Solenoid came loose, it likely damaged the main sonic-weld that feeds the key switch or the second one that splits the key switch power to the solenoid/mcor/controller.

I believe they are both located on the main harness bundle between/under the batteries.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:42 PM   #3
MJBennettInc
Not Yet Wild

Hey, so I found both sonic welds are under the battery boxes. One has the blue wire for the MCOR/Key switch on one side, Tan to controller and light blue to solenoid + activator wire. The other sonic weld has I 4-5 wires coming out going to tow/run, fnr, etc. and 2 going in forgot which ones cause I am not with cart anymore. Can these be spliced/Soldiered instead replacing a harness? At least to the point to make sure that is the problem so I can let customer know.
MJBennettInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #4
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBennettInc View Post
.... Can these be spliced/Soldiered instead replacing a harness? ....
Yes, they can be spliced and soldered.
Already did mine because of all the issues I've read about them.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:28 PM   #5
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2015 View Post
.... I have to bypass OBC to get IQDM to turn on, but it wont run with it bypassed. ....
What year?
When you bypassed the OBC did you jumper the White to the Light Blue wires in the 6-pin OBC connector?
It won't run until the controller sees 48v on the Light Blue - Charger Disable.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:34 PM   #6
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
For some crazy reason the DS does not have a fuse on the Tow/Run power ....
I've added an in-line 30A fuse in the Tow/Run line, but I'm wondering if 20A would be more appropriate.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:35 PM   #7
MJBennettInc
Not Yet Wild

Ok I will splice and solder them in the morning. Not sure of the year, but I just put a paper clip between blue and white for now. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:15 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The IQDM does not need the OBC to work, otherwise it could not display the charger status, plugged or not.... most likely that is just back-feeding power to the controller so it works.

Make sure the splices make good connection, specially the one with most wires including the "gray" wire as it carries all of the power for the "roll-away" brake.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:36 PM   #9
MJBennettInc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The IQDM does not need the OBC to work, otherwise it could not display the charger status, plugged or not.... most likely that is just back-feeding power to the controller so it works.

Make sure the splices make good connection, specially the one with most wires including the "gray" wire as it carries all of the power for the "roll-away" brake.
Will do thanks for the insight.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:57 AM   #10
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Segio, do you recommend adding any fuses to DS carts? I have my IQ and am going to be rebuilding an AA.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car