lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax field map for amd7144

Wondering if anyone knows the correct field map number from alltrax for an AMD 7144? That's what I asked for and what I got was GGI-4402-V6. Motor is getting extremely hot and smoked yesterday and I have not had that problem till a couple of weeks ago when I put the new Alltrax XCT 500 in. What the motor says on the data plate is GGI-4002.

Tried calling Alltrax today but not open due to the wildfires.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2020, 01:52 PM   #2
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax field map for amd7144

Question for those that probably know, the motor has that sickly sweet smell of motor burn. Continuity test check out fine. I pulled the motor off and several chunks of plastic(?) fell out of it from the armature end. I blew the motor out with an air hose and got all kinds of crap out of it. Dirt, more plastic and normal motor dust.

Should I just reinstall and see if it will run or what should I do with it.

Also, could that field map do that to it if it is the wrong map?
Old 09-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #3
1sharphook

I'm not aware of a GG1-4402 AMD motor. Is this a typo on your part? A GG1-4002 is a recognizable AMD motor. Here is the 7144 map I've been running, along with many other cart owners, for years.

If this is a typo, and you determine what the difference is between V5 and V6, please post it here.
Attached Files
File Type: txt FieldCurve_GG1-4002-V5.txt (832 Bytes, 0 views)
Old 09-16-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

OK, here is where the confusion for me came at. The text file that was sent to me from Alltrax was labeled Fieldcurve_GGI_4402_V6. I just dug out the computer and hooked it up to the alltrax. The field map label on the alltrax controller screen is GGI_4002_V6. I don't know if there is or what is the difference between the V5 and V6.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #5
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

question about motor temps, i pulled the motor, blew it out real good. found the motor b+ cable had come out from the ring terminal. I re soldered that and crimped it. Hooked everything back up. did about 7 or 8 miles of riding. Highest temp after returning to the house was 220F at the b+ motor connection. That was varied riding speeds from low and slow to about 35 mph but mostly around 25 mph. is that temp to high? i ordered a set of 2 gauge weld wire cables but am really curious if motor should go ahead and be replaced.

Thoughts, opinions please.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #6
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rwf View Post
question about motor temps, i pulled the motor, blew it out real good. found the motor b+ cable had come out from the ring terminal. I re soldered that and crimped it. Hooked everything back up. did about 7 or 8 miles of riding. Highest temp after returning to the house was 220F at the b+ motor connection. That was varied riding speeds from low and slow to about 35 mph but mostly around 25 mph. is that temp to high? i ordered a set of 2 gauge weld wire cables but am really curious if motor should go ahead and be replaced.

Thoughts, opinions please.
Post #21 for internal motor temperature comments.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=119853&page=3

Without actual testing, it might be wise to assume the internal motor temperature is 100F higher inside compared to outside.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:43 PM   #7
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

thanks 1sharphook. if internal temp is assumed to be 100F higher then according to post 21 then my temp was not out of place. it was at 160C after a 7 or 8 mile ride running about 25mph for the majority of the ride.

my temps were derived by using an infrared thermometer shooting numerous areas around the external case and the temp at the battery + post was the warmest of all.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car