lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Sherpaboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2011 CC Precedent Dead

Swapping some parts out and arcked the C wire of the voltage meter and everything went dead! I got it home and found the OBC reset info and tried that everything came back on until I switched the Run Tow switch to off reconnected the negate terminal and turned on the key still dead. Please help me guys new to all this and not happy about what I did, it shouldn't be to much damage as everything came on with the negative terminal disconnected?

Thank you
Gary
Sherpaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2020, 05:51 PM   #2
Sherpaboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2011 CC Precedent Dead

Hi Guys this still isn't fixed and looking for some input as to how to fix this with out having to take it to a shop and costing me a bunch of money! Thank you
Old 10-01-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Most of the time when something stops working just after you worked on it, you can go back step by step and undo what you changed and find what got the problem started.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is possible that you have blown the main 15A fuse near the controller.

Before you start put it in Tow and disconnect the batteries. You can take off the inspection panel in the area where the golf clubs sit and then move the plastic panel behind the controller. It is a little bit awkward but you don't need tools. Get at it from under the cart and you'll find that it just lifts off (there are just lugs that keep it in place). When you can see all the wires look for an in-line fuse holder. It is quite big, maybe an inch and a half long with two wires coming out of the bottom. Pull it apart and there is a 15A blade fuse that has probably blown.

Even if the fuse looks OK you should test it for continuity to be sure it is OK. I did mine one day and it looked fine but had no continuity. I replaced it and the cart worked again.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:56 PM   #5
Sherpaboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

MRGolf and YAWood thank you very much for the input and will try that all I did was arch the wire coming out of the voltage meter so it shouldn't be anything serious I hope!

Thank you
Old 10-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #6
Sherpaboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

YAWood, thank you very much for the input!!! I finally had time to crawl under the cart and it was exactly that a $1.00 blown Blade Fuse! The 15amp standard size Blade Fuse easy to find once I was under there and right next to another inline fuse that one was OK it was the 15amp Blade Fuse and for anyone else it is a standard size Blade Fuse not the small or miniature size. Thank you again off and running!!!
Old 10-09-2020, 04:08 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
It is possible that you have blown the main 15A fuse near the controller.

Before you start put it in Tow and disconnect the batteries. You can take off the inspection panel in the area where the golf clubs sit and then move the plastic panel behind the controller. It is a little bit awkward but you don't need tools. Get at it from under the cart and you'll find that it just lifts off (there are just lugs that keep it in place). When you can see all the wires look for an in-line fuse holder. It is quite big, maybe an inch and a half long with two wires coming out of the bottom. Pull it apart and there is a 15A blade fuse that has probably blown.

Even if the fuse looks OK you should test it for continuity to be sure it is OK. I did mine one day and it looked fine but had no continuity. I replaced it and the cart worked again.
Great call yawood!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car