lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2004 Precedent batteries

Need help guys. Y'all have yet to steer me wrong. I am in need of new batteries and charger. I have a 48V precedent with the 4 12v batteries. I have squeezed all the life I'm going to get out of the current ones, on top of that my charger went out as well. It was the original charger. It does have the US batteries in it now. What is my best choice and what else will I need to do while replacing the batteries? The local Batteries Plus said they had duracell??? that would work at about $100 a piece. (Doesn't sound like a good option) Local cart store has some kind for $176 a piece but out of stock. So please give me some suggestions. The cart does have a lift and 24" tires but only used on flat land. My wife and I just put around our property on it. The cart is stock other than lift and tires. Thanks
Night Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Precedent batteries

Do you ever get low on juice with it? Switching to 6 x 8 will give you more longevity, but if you're just tooling around may not be worth the extra expense. How long did the US Batteries last you?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #3
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes the cart would slow down just shortly below it would quit. The batteries are 5 to 6 years old. If we used more than yes I would want to make the swap but an hour or so a day at best so don’t see the reason to add the expense. Unless y’all tell me otherwise??
Old 10-09-2020, 07:41 PM   #4
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

If you were using it to the point where it would quit, I would think you'd benefit from the added maH. Did you ever check pack voltage at the point of it quitting? 5-6 years is pretty good. There's a date stamped on the terminal, in case you weren't aware.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:12 PM   #5
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No I haven’t checked the entire pack. We haven’t used the cart in a few weeks. Walked out the other day the charger was dead and no power in the cart. Knew the batteries were going out. The previous owner told me when I bought they needed replacing. Got another year and half out of them so not complaining. So which direction do I go from here? No matter what I have to get a new charger.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:29 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would stick with US Batteries. I Googled US Batteries. When I got to their website I searched for a dealer in New orleans ( I don't know you are located) and 9 names came up. As for the charger I've had good luck with DPI. You can get them off Amazon. The only problem is you need to bypass the OBC.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #7
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How do I bypass the obc? Does the DPI have the club car plug or will that need to be bypassed as well?
Old 10-09-2020, 09:42 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
How do I bypass the obc? Does the DPI have the club car plug or will that need to be bypassed as well?
There is a detailed thread in the "Stickies" on how to accomplish this.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #9
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a kit to bypass the OBC. You have to select the charger for a Club Car. Be sure you select the one for use w/o an OBC if you bypass the OBC.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:27 PM   #10
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you and I’ll check the sticky out. Any other options on batteries? I can’t find US batteries anywhere around me. Would the Duracell from batteries plus work? I believe we have an interstate battery dealer here.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car