lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2020, 10:29 AM   #1
BeezyB
Not Yet Wild

Default Camber Problem

Hey guys. I've got a 2016 EZGO TXT. I've got some camber issues. I know these carts don't have camber adjustments. Nothing looks bent. I've already adjusted the toe on it. So what is the common culprit that could cause this? I'm mechanically inclined, but I just dont know a whole bunch about the mechanics of a front end. The picture I attached is not the best because it was taken to show my new headlights, not the camber. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front end.jpg (201.1 KB, 0 views)
BeezyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2020, 12:47 PM   #2
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Camber Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeezyB View Post
Hey guys. I've got a 2016 EZGO TXT. I've got some camber issues. I know these carts don't have camber adjustments. Nothing looks bent. I've already adjusted the toe on it. So what is the common culprit that could cause this? I'm mechanically inclined, but I just dont know a whole bunch about the mechanics of a front end. The picture I attached is not the best because it was taken to show my new headlights, not the camber. Any suggestions?
I mean with that large of a suspension lift and wheels, I think a little negative camber is expected. Here's some bad pics of mine, doesn't look as bad as yours, but there's still some there. The inside of my tires aren't wearing, but my guess is it wears slightly inward of center, but I only have a few hundred miles on my tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-10-07_17-51-27.jpg (162.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201010_015244217_iOS(1).jpg (60.8 KB, 0 views)
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #3
BeezyB
Not Yet Wild

That's the thing. Mine is stock height. I did put longer shackles in the back to raise my back end 1 inch but the camber was there before that.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:42 PM   #4
RXV17
Not Yet Wild

I noticed on my rxv that the camber was from worn out bushings in the A-arm (where the spindle bracket meet).
RXV17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Same issue on my stock 2012 ezgo
Jack up front end and wiggle tires from top to bottom. Have slop/play.
Kingpin bolts and spindle bushings worn.

Had to replace kingpin spindle bolts and bushings.
One thing to check first is the correct washers/ shims installed on bolts securing spindles. Spec order of shims and tightness value in manual.

Be aware kingpin bolts are metric and bushings that need to be pressed into spindles need to be reamed to size.

You can drill out old bushing, then use hot plate to heat up spindles ( off cart obviously) then with bushing fresh out off freezer they will tap right in.otherwise press fit.

You will need correct sized reamer to ream out newly installed bushing before inserting new kingpin bolts.

I drilled and taped my spindles with 1/8” pipe threads for a grease fitting to lube spindles as they have no way to lube from factory.

Or you can replace front spindle assembly opposed to buying needed tools to do job.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:11 PM   #6
BeezyB
Not Yet Wild

Well at my work, we have a heavy equipment garage and a machine shop so I wouldn’t have to buy any tools. Just looking at what is easiest for me.
Old 02-28-2022, 05:51 PM   #7
kyleschonert
Not Yet Wild

I know this is an old thread, but figured I would give it a bump and not have to start a new one.

My problem is with a 2012 RXV, and you can see in the pictures here. Any thoughts? I have new a-arm bushings coming, what would be the next route to try if that doesn't fix the issue, spindle replacement?

These are brand new tires, so I don't want them to wear unevenly. The passenger side isn't as bad, but I'm not a fan of the way the drivers side looks.

I also have new leaf springs and rear shocks on the way, and if I need to rebuild the front end I can do that as well. These tires are 215/50-12 and were said not to rub, but they currently do..

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1063.jpg (233.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1062.jpg (224.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1059.jpg (226.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1061.jpg (213.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1060.jpg (236.1 KB, 0 views)
kyleschonert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:04 AM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Does the angle change when to back up 5' and check it? Too much or too little toe will make the tires try to drive toward each other or pull apart causing issues.
Make sure you have "0" to maybe 1/16th toe in on your cart,
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:23 AM   #9
kyleschonert
Not Yet Wild

I'll re check and see. Back when I has racing ATV's 1/16-1/8" was ideal. Yes, when I replaced these tires, the outside of the drivers side was excessively worn. I guess next replacement will be spindles followed by front shocks and eventually find the problem..
Old 03-01-2022, 05:41 PM   #10
kyleschonert
Not Yet Wild

Well, I have some new tie rod ends on the way while I'm at it. Replaced the leaf springs today, and with a dremel, I no longer have a rubbing issue with the new tires!

I also replaced the lower a-arm bushings, but no success, still the camber issue, and when I drive forward it doesn't seem to make a change. I suppose I will give the tie rods a chance, and if that doesn't fix it, it is on to spindles, then front shocks.

What are my options after that, just replace the tires more frequently, or rotate them?

I don't mind to update the front end with new components. The cart is a 2013 and all original suspension. The leaf springs and a-bushings have already made a huge difference in ride quailty.

Thanks for the replies by the way, really enjoying this forum!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO