lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
tommy.d
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Looking for Upgrades 2011 Freedom RXV

Hello All,

I'm new to the golf cart world. I recently purchased a 2011 Freedom RXV for my father who lives in a community where he can drive his cart all around town. After dropping picking it up and going for a couple rides he is wanting to speed it up. I've read a few things online but I don't want to go crazy before getting some advice. I'm not sure what controller it has or what can be done. I want him to be happy with it. I know there is something going on with the alignment as well due to a pulling feeling when trying to turn. The alignment seems fine visually but there is definitely something going on up there. IT doesn't pull when going straight but when you go to turn it feels quite unstable. It has stock rims and tires on it. I'm looking for any upgrades you guys can offer that wont completely break me. Like i said i want him to be happy and his main thing right now is speeding it up.
tommy.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for Upgrades 2011 Freedom RXV

The 2011 will have the Danaher controller. The only option to speed it up is to find a dealer with the older handset and they can set the top speed to 19.6 mph. Should be relatively inexpensive to have it done. It's usually $85-$100 around here to have it done. Beyond that, you will be looking at a Curtis controller and harness swap, which can run well over $1500.00. Doing the Curtis swap will enable you to have it programmed for much higher speeds than the 19.6. I do think you should figure out the turning issue before speeding it up as higher speeds may exacerbate the problem.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Where at in Florida? There are a lot of members here that live Florida. Just might gets some help from them.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:18 PM   #4
tommy.d
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m in Longwood.
tommy.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO