lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
Pawnmaster
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 48v factory bucket harness removal

I have a 2005 Club Car Precedent 48v IQ. I have ordered the Navitas AC controller and 5k motor . I don’t think it has shipped yet, I am in Canada.

Questions, I gutted the wiring from the cart to remove the factory 12 pin plug and rear tail light wiring as I have the alpha body and lights and needed the correct wiring and plugs to do the ultimate light kit upgrade. I have removed the charger port and replaced with a through hull 120v plug to charge through a new smart charger in the battery compartment connected directly to the first positive and last negative in the battery bank (4-12v)

I have removed completely the OBC and all associated wiring, removed of course the original controller. I have made all new 2g wires for all battery, controller , solenoid and motor connections.

In separating the 12 and 9 pin harness wiring I had to cut 3 wires from the 12 pin harness. First a blue/white wire which then goes to a sonic weld and sends blue to the 9 pin, light blue to the solenoid, blue to the MCOR, culminating in a tan wire back to the controller. My guess this is switched 12v +?

The second and third wires are orange and black, which goes to a sonic weld, then purple directly to the 9 Pin and then black to a bullet connector which is black back to the controller. My guess is that this is 12v -?

So we have the 6 pin connector that went to the OBC that needs a wire splice in it? White to white and blue? The original cable from the battery to the OBC would now go straight to the controller correct?

I have a nee HD Solenoid , do I need a precharge resistor for the AC application?

I have not changed anything in the dash wiring, other than a new key switch, also new FNR switch, new MCOR.

Does the 5k motor get any connection to the original speed sensor wiring or is that wiring redundant?

Comparing wiring diagrams from the 01-04 Precedent to the 05, all the controller connections seem to be the same.

Anything jump at you as being incorrect? Any suggestions or improvements come to mind? Will the Navitas controller and motor be the correct one for me now?

Sorry for the long post, just want to make sure I don’t fry anything!!
Pawnmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car