lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
htrex4
Not Yet Wild

Default Pretty sure I popped a controller...

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster...seems like a 12 step program in here! Lol. I've been building a cart for a buddy of mine, 05 precedent. I had a noise coming out of the motor at random times. While I had it out I found one of the plastic winding liners had come loose and was rubbing against the armature, very interesting noise that sounded similar to a cat fight. Lol. While it was out, my buddy was under the cart and "accidentally" touched two of the wires together. Of course it's my fault, the batteries should have been disconnected! I know, I know...stupid, but it happened. Put it all back together and the motor is quiet, but won't go in reverse. I think i've got it narrowed down to the controller. Swapped the wires on the motor and it runs reverse fine but no forward. I'm not horrible with electronics, has anyone tried to pull one of these apart and fix it? Or does anyone have one laying around they want to get rid of? Or should I just buy a new one? He's fine with it at stock speed as it's just going to be a course cruiser. Thanks ahead of time! ~Tom.
htrex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pretty sure I popped a controller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by htrex4 View Post
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster...seems like a 12 step program in here! Lol. I've been building a cart for a buddy of mine, 05 precedent. I had a noise coming out of the motor at random times. While I had it out I found one of the plastic winding liners had come loose and was rubbing against the armature, very interesting noise that sounded similar to a cat fight. Lol. While it was out, my buddy was under the cart and "accidentally" touched two of the wires together. Of course it's my fault, the batteries should have been disconnected! I know, I know...stupid, but it happened. Put it all back together and the motor is quiet, but won't go in reverse. I think i've got it narrowed down to the controller. Swapped the wires on the motor and it runs reverse fine but no forward. I'm not horrible with electronics, has anyone tried to pull one of these apart and fix it? Or does anyone have one laying around they want to get rid of? Or should I just buy a new one? He's fine with it at stock speed as it's just going to be a course cruiser. Thanks ahead of time! ~Tom.
If you have to replace it, You may not want to buy new stock replacement or you will be stuck at 15mph until paying a dealer for PVT speed code to get to 19.6. You may be able to find a used one with PVT speed code installed. Otherwise, get the XCT300. Contact David at Revolution Golf Cars, he is the resident CC guru and a site sponsor. He may be able to fix you up with a replacement controller with PVT speed code or supply you with the XCT.

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #3
htrex4
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Pretty sure I popped a controller...

Thank you very much for the response! If it were my cart I’d much rather upgrade... but i think a used one is probably the way I’m going to go with this one if I can find one! I opened this one up...that’s a lot of electronics in that little box! Lol.
htrex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car