lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #1
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default cover

looking for a cover for my lifted cart with a rear seat. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (119.9 KB, 0 views)
79camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2020, 07:13 PM   #2
Geech
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: cover

It seems like there are quite a few options out there, but as someone who used to fabricate marine canvas for a living I'm hesitant to suggest any of those I found in a quick Google search.

Have you considered reaching out to someone in the area that fabricates boat canvas? In my neck of the woods (PA) now is the slow time due to the cold temps resulting in our boats hibernating all winter, but in Texas you may find them swamped with business at the moment since it gets too hot to do some of the jobs they tackle in your summer heat.

You may end up paying around $300 instead of the ~$200 price I'm seeing for the standard covers available online, but if you plan to store your cart outdoors having one fabricated in Sunbrella or a comparable product will result in a far longer lifespan (if fabricated properly). Going this route also gives you the option to request custom features such as tie down loops, again helpful if storage is outdoors. Marine canvas fabricators usually have a significant amount of leftover canvas on hand as well, which makes such a job pure profit for them aside from labor and can result in a lower cost to you as a result if you're not too picky on colors.

It could end up costing you $300 instead of $200 in the end, but as I always told my clients who said "I can buy a boat cover at Walmart for $300, what do you mean you want $700" I'll simply say you can buy one good one or multiple cheap ones to get the same lifespan out of the good one.

If you do go this route, ask for an upgraded synthetic thread such as Tenara thread. It looks more like fishing line than a typical twisted thread, but it will outlast the fabric it is sewn into. A cover properly fabricated out of Sunbrella with Tenara thread will easily last a decade with proper (and minimal) care. If my cart was similar to yours I'd be asking you what color you'd like since the leftovers from my former business are still taking up space on my garage shelves ;)

Good luck
Geech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO