lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
aldrichd
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium Battery upgrade issues

Hello. I am new to the forums, but I need some help. I have a 2002 Club Car DS 48V cart. I recently purchased a 48V Lithium battery pack. The fuse holder coming from the grey wire on the charger port was bad so I purchased a blade style fuse holder. I had a major dumba$$ moment after that. I forgot to hook the other end back to the gray wire on the charger port and later realized and wired it into the positive battery terminal. This wasn't an issue until I hooked up the charger and it smoked the OBC. I bypassed the OBC by joining the blue and white wires and ran the negative wire from charger port to the negative battery terminal. The reverse buzzer sounds but the cart doesn't move. Batteries are showing 50V so I doubt it's the batteries. I pulled the solonoid out. With everything disconnected, I ran a hot and neutral wire to the small terminals on the solonoid and it clicked. With everything back on....nothing. I thought about running power straight to motor to test that but didn't want to fry anything else. What do you think the issue might be, and how would I test? Sorry if this has already been answered. I did read that I can run a jumper on the solonoid big posts which I will test tomorrow.

Thanks
aldrichd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2020, 11:21 PM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Battery upgrade issues

Check the 15A blade fuse in the wiring behind the OBC. It is in an in-line fuse holder that is black and about 1" x 1 1/2" in dimensions. That is the main fuse and the cart will not run if it is blown. Check it with a continuity meter because it can look OK but still be blown.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:31 PM   #3
aldrichd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium Battery upgrade issues

Bruce, I cant find an inline fuse unless it's buried in this wiring mess somewhere. I pulled the solenoid out, removed the wires from the big terminals, and tested the resistance on the big posts with the key off and direction switch in neutral and got no reading (OL). I then turned everything on, stepped on the accelerator, but no clicking from the solenoid. I then checked the resistance again, and got a 0 reading. I then tested the voltage across the small terminals and still got a 0 reading so I'm assuming the solenoid is good based on other things I have read. With all the wires hooked up I had roughly 48 volts on both big terminals. Would that mean my controller is the most likely culprit? Is there a way to check that, or is there something else I should check?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201227_164457.jpg (222.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by aldrichd; 12-27-2020 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: spelling
aldrichd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car ds, lithium batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car