lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2021, 11:42 AM   #1
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Torque map vs speed range increase?

So I am running a speed map on my MOT B4. It’s plenty fast at around 23-25 right now. I just did a conservative 9 mile run at my in-laws house and dropped 1 volt from 50.1. I estimated my range based on that at around 15 miles. These are all conservative estimates but since I have 23 inch tires I was wondering if a torque map would increase my range. Turning the big 23’s has to use up some energy so I wondered if the torque map would do better?
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2021, 01:08 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Torque map vs speed range increase?

What brand batteries?

If they are Trojan brand, you started at 82% SoC and ended at 62% SoC, so you used 20% Soc in 9 Miles which gives you a 22.5 Mile range estimate if you start with fully charged batteries and limit the discharge to 50% SoC.

The Torque map may improve the range, or it might get worse. It depends on motor's efficiency at the RPM it is running at, which in turn is influenced by the field amps at that RPM the map calls for.

My guess is that it'll up the range a bit, but the only way to find out is try it.

Also, it is cooler weather now, so your battery's storage capacity is lower, so the range is also lower.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:20 PM   #3
sigfla45
Gone Wild

They are Crown 190’s
Old 01-01-2021, 06:19 PM   #4
sigfla45
Gone Wild

My math is off then. I suppose 22.5 sounds more in line with the 190AH setup but I don’t know for sure. I might have one more try at a calibration run tonight with my speed/odometer app. Problem is I didn’t charge it up last night so I am starting at 49 volts. I need to figure out the exact formula to plug in the numbers based on voltage loss and miles traveled. My math skills are degrading every year I get older, lol.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:59 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Unless the batteries have sit for about 12 hours after being charged or about an hour after being used, the SoC estimate won't be accurate.

The math is pretty straight forward. Start SoC minus stop SoC and divide the difference by the the miles traveled. Then divide 50 by that number to get the range on a full charge down to 50%.

Here's a SoC chart for Crown wet-cell deep-cycle lead-acid batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crown SoC chart.jpg (208.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:15 PM   #6
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Unless the batteries have sit for about 12 hours after being charged or about an hour after being used, the SoC estimate won't be accurate.

The math is pretty straight forward. Start SoC minus stop SoC and divide the difference by the the miles traveled. Then divide 50 by that number to get the range on a full charge down to 50%.

Here's a SoC chart for Crown wet-cell deep-cycle lead-acid batteries.
Thank you as always...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO